News   Jul 26, 2024
 944     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.5K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.3K     3 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

According to a Cushman and Wakefield report, Brooks Brothers is opening up a third location at 262 Bloor Street West. This takes them west of Avenue Rd. Nice to see that part of Yorkville becoming more high-end.

According to a Cushman and Wakefield report, Brooks Brothers is opening up a third location at 262 Bloor Street West. This takes them west of Avenue Rd. Nice to see that part of Yorkville becoming more high-end.

The old BMO location at St George and Bloor? Seriously? That's not a very big retail space, unless they plan on taking over spaces of neighbouring stores as well... And I'd consider this area more of the Annex than Yorkville

The old BMO location at St George and Bloor? Seriously? That's not a very big retail space, unless they plan on taking over spaces of neighbouring stores as well... And I'd consider this area more of the Annex than Yorkville

It's true - according to the report, it's only going to be a 2,000 sq. ft. store. I actually think it's perfectly suited for a condo retail site. Might only be an 'airport retail' kind of store.

Please post report or provide a link to it, thanks!

Its probably a Black Fleece concept store. They're usually about 2500 square feet... there's one on Bleecker street in NYC and in San Fran. I think there are only 3 actually... it highlights their confidence in the Toronto market (RBC Plaza has done exceptionally well for them).

http://articles.sfgate.com/2010-03-17/business/18835132_1_brooks-brothers-marks-spencer-thom-browne

http://www.blackfleece.com/#/stores

You're right, that's what it looks like it will be. Makes perfect sense to put it in a building with multi-million dollar condos in it.

wow over 85$ in gross rent ? Office space is so much cheaper ? i.e. AAA office space is usually in the 60/70 range gross max

Is m0851 moving to the old Walter Steiger space, beside Marlowe on Avenue? It is strange because the space beside the current m0851 on ST. Thomas has just recently been leased...maybe both spaces are being consolidated to create one big space?

When I dropped by the store a couple of weeks ago I was told they're going to 38 Avenue Road and will reopen mid-September.

wow over 85$ in gross rent ? Office space is so much cheaper ? i.e. AAA office space is usually in the 60/70 range gross max

I'd love to see an American department store carve out a department store out of the first four floors of the TD branch at Bay and Bloor... would be a KILLER location for a department store.

Porsche Design will move into old Marciano space (next to TD Bank)

Back