News   Jul 31, 2024
 782     0 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 712     0 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 528     0 

Bliss Condos At Liberty Village (CanAlfa Group) - Real Estate -

I tried a search to find out how to post a photo that actually shows up but found nothing. It must be relatively easy. Anyone care to help?

Simuls - what hosting service are you using? 'Cause of it's Flickr, I can tell you how to post pics.

And that's the problem. You need to choose a hosting service, like flickr or photobucket or picasa or, well, there are others. Once they are hosted, you provide a link via the little yellow box above with the mountains in it, and voila.

Picasa is probably the best. It sucks having to install an application but once you do it automatically updates every picture to its interface. Very convent and worth the free download.

I know this is offtopic, but I'm going insane. So, I did the Picasa thing, created the web album, uploaded the pics, then tried to post them on here using the yellow mountain thingy and both the link in Picasa (on the right where it asks to link to this photo) and the http link in my address bar to Picasa and neither of them worked. What gives?

Can a Picasa user please try to help Simuls?

test from picasea web album

CityPlace_Exterior_003.jpg

1 - make sure your web album is set to "public"

2 - click on the photo you want to post

3 - copy the image location/URL and use the photo icon on the forum to post it

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!! What a freakin' ordeal. Thanks Yossi. I needed to set the album to public, but then ignore any of the Picasa or address bar locations of the pic, and instead...right click on the pic, highlight "save image location", then use the "Insert Image" button in the forum.

Some more renders.

Bliss Tower, Townhomes in foreground, Lofts in back, Liberty Towers on right, looking Southeast.

Bliss.jpg

Similar render to above post but with the correct southern slope, looking Northeast.

Libertytowers.jpg

All dramatic and dark (I hope they use the same dark grey as GLAS, and I kinda like the blue too - let's hope it doesn't morph into something godawful).

ltnight.jpg

As for it looking like 2003, well it was designed in 2005, so that's not that far off. Could definitely be better though, I'd agree, but definitely a step up from the Monarch abomination.

From yesterday's Toronto Star:

One sunny, early spring afternoon, Lamb guides the Rolls through the squeaky-clean, just-add-water neighbourhood that has popped up in recent years in the former industrial zone in Liberty Village. He's selling a unit he owns in the Irwin Toy factory building, which he sold out for Lanterra Developments ("I buy about 25 apartments a year," he says).

He strides the wide hallways, noting small annoyances. "This ugly shit," he says, kicking the glue-on plastic baseboards. "Wood would have cost another $20,000 for the whole building. That's what happens when a developer runs out of money."

He stops to inspect a door, knocking the slim metal frame with a knuckle. "Same thing here. Plan your budget, and do it right." Back in the Rolls, Lamb rounds the corner into a strip-mall array of shops. "This is all garbage," he growls. "You feel like you're in Thornhill." Ahead, two boxy condo towers loom dozens of stories over squat townhomes.

"They should be hanged for building that," he fumes.

One of the few things I agree with Brad Lamb on.

Considering to buy a unit at Liberty Towers (some doubts)

Hello All,

First thanks for the very insightful information I found here, I am currently trying to decide on a condo at Liberty Towers, but I have some doubts I'm hoping someone might help clear.

I couldn't find much information regarding how much noise / vibration to expect from the train tracks right next to the building, number of trains etc.

I also can't seem to find anywhere the height of the gardiner at that place, so I know whether or not a 5th floor will be looking under the gardiner or just above it.

Thanks for any information regarding this.

Thanks...

It's something that I have in mind, I really like the condo layout, and size, just worried at the "quality" time in the balcony.

I looked everywhere but can't seem to find the height of the gardiner, unless I've been looking in the wrong places.

keep in mind that the size of your balcony will probably dictate how much time you will spend on it. Of the units on the 5th floor, I think the charlotte was one of the ones with the largest balcony. If I were in your shoes, I would consider the size of the balcony and relate it to the amount of time I'd spend on it. If it were large, I would spend a lot more time on it than if it were tiny. I would probably spend more time out in the park, or walking around the neighbourhood than on the balcony. But that is just the way I would see it. To each his own.

Balconies as out door space are useless 80% of the time. It is more enjoyable sitting on a patio at Ideal coffee than on my balcony. A balcony is usually too windy/wet/cold/hot/smell from neighbours cooking and smoking to be much fun. For the first 2 months I lived in my current place, I used it. Now it's so boring and pointless.

Just look at all those C.P. condo balconies--do you ever see anyone on them? (I just see tacky cheap furniture and dying plants.:p)

Balconies as out door space are useless 80% of the time. It is more enjoyable sitting on a patio at Ideal coffee than on my balcony. A balcony is usually too windy/wet/cold/hot/smell from neighbours cooking and smoking to be much fun. For the first 2 months I lived in my current place, I used it. Now it's so boring and pointless.

Just look at all those C.P. condo balconies--do you ever see anyone on them? (I just see tacky cheap furniture and dying plants.:p)
I somewhat agree... but only on higher floors. I mean, if you're on the 26th floor, wht are you really going to do on your balcony? It's so windy.

I think if you're on the lower floors a balcony can be quite nice.

Back