News   Apr 26, 2024
 380     1 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 195     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 649     0 

Bliss Condos At Liberty Village (CanAlfa Group) - Real Estate -

so we have one person saying the project doesn't have financing and the project may be cancelled, and another saying construction scheduals are being mailed out. Both heard from a salesperson.

seems shady, who is right??

so we have one person saying the project doesn't have financing and the project may be cancelled, and another saying construction scheduals are being mailed out. Both heard from a salesperson.

seems shady, who is right??

my opinion is that construction is underway.......why waste money to paint and organize trailers......technically the sales person could be right...."they do not have financing but the paper work is approved but this is speculation of course...."

sales people are unreliable because it depends who you speak to.....always always speak to a manager.......

I say wait and see what happens....

"Five banks had to be propped up over the weekend and in Toronto financial sources tell me that three high-profile condo projects have had their financing pulled."

Diane Francis
National Post
September 29, 2008

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/...9/washington-puts-the-world-on-the-ledge.aspx

Ick - could Liberty Towers be one of those "high profile condo projects"?? When was the latest economic viability extension to expire? What was the latest date they said construction would start? Any sign of anything at the site?

For all that is holy, I hope this is not the case. I wouldn't, however, call the CanAlfa projects exactly "high profile". To get a mention in The Post I would guess it would be something like Aura, One Bloor, and Ice. Then again, who knows?!

yeah, when I mentioned the 3 projects I just said it "could be" I could be the trump tower, which is pretty high profile. we dont know, but I bet we hear about it soon

I'm now tempted to take bets that LT just doesn't get off the ground - at least not in this incarnation - and that CanAlfa has to relaunch it with higher prices in order to secure financing.

That said, what do I know?

They've had several engineers "looking through that thingy doing surveys and stuff..." at the sight at various points over the last 2 months. I spoke to several of them. As to whether or not there will be another extension, I agree with MattR and don't think there will be another one. With only 9 business days left before the end of October and no one having received a letter yet, at least I can hope :)

Who knows, you call the developer they tell you to call the sales office and you call the sales office and they tell you to call the developer or they just don't know. Someone needs to light a fire under their slow moving arses. I would like to move into my unit sometime before 2011.

yikes, vibe has a 2011 occupancy and they are almost done the first level of parking and have two cranes on this project!

I feel bad for the people who thought they would be moving in fall 2008 (ie today-ish) some delays are expected, but this was a long delay

You sure its 2011, that sounds a bit nuts for a smaller 24 story tower. I would think occupancy would be in 2010 sometime if they are already laying first level parking..

Edit:

Most peoples tentative occupancy for Vibe is March/April 2010 so they should be in by summer.

Buddies in the biz say that it's highly likely another extension is on the way. Canalfa won't confirm or deny yet, but no comments speak for themselves sometimes. Wish they'd just give in and sell their land to Monarch. I'm moving into Zip shortly so on the bright side for me.....I'll have lakeviews for longer than I thought.

Anyone out there have any concrete info yet?

Back