Toronto Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport | ?m | ?s | Ports Toronto | Arup

Wouldn't a gondola be a lot cheaper and easier than trying to push behemoths up and down a steep bridge over cold open water (what could go wrong?)?

There is a public meeting about the runway extension on 17 July...
https://www.facebook.com/events/485825274047236/
The construction of RESA will not lengthen the active runway... The boundaries and size of the existing Marine Exclusion Zone will also remain unchanged.
(RESA = Runway End Safety Area)
The active runway? That's still a little vague about whether the RESAs will be on the existing land at the ends of the present main runway, or be newly constructed as extensions.

I was at Billy Bishop on June 30th for my flight to Moncton. The lounge was packed. Good to see this regional airport still getting a lot of foot traffic.

I thought since the UP Express reduced their fares, this airport would get less traffic. Not the case.

Waiting at the "check in" line up, it sounded like a lot of people were flying to American destinations.

Negotiations must be starting on airport gate as the media campaign has begun!
There was a card in my mailbox. My immediate reaction was that it seemed a little weird, creepy, and suspicious that they're trying to get people to join some sort of campaign to tell them how great they are, without any mention of why, or what it is they're trying to accomplish.
Eww.
YTZ_card.JPG

Last edited:

Back