News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 393     0 

Best Burger

how does everyone feel about Burger Shack? a friend of mine recommended it to me...saying its good - I tried to find reviews about it on www.toronto.com and on www.whatTOdoToronto.com, and couldn't find it on either.

I did google it, and it looked a little...uninviting...

There is one good Burger place though...and its on Yonge and Lawrence...cant remember the name though..

Went to 'The Queen & the Beaver' on Elm street... their fries are pretty darn good and the burger wasn't bad either. Very cool old school British futball vibe too, definitely going back soon.

Has anyone tried the all new Wendy's Hot 'N Juicy Cheeseburger introduced last month :confused:

I had the double Cheeseburger the other day and I think it is hands down the best Burger from a chain and I enjoyed it even more than some of the Burgers from the so-called "gourmet" joints that have opened up in recent years (haven't tried Burger Priest so don't know how it compares to them).

The fresh never frozen ground beef is now thicker and juicer than the "Old Fashioned" burger.

Wendy's is using a new process so that the Cheese is now melted (as it should be) If you order a Cheeseburger from most other chains the burger comes with the cheese unmelted.

The bun is now buttered and toasted and the toppings are fresh and crispy.

I have never had an In-and-Out burger but I suspect that this is the type of burger Wendy's was aiming for - it even comes in paper sleeve similar to In-and-Out.

Its also a good value with the 1/2 pound double cheeseburger combo selling for $7.19 +tax.

See how it is made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9Q_GFSDEFzw

DHNJ%20Center%20Rail.jpg

picture credit: The Wendy's Company

Last edited:
Went to 'The Queen & the Beaver' on Elm street... their fries are pretty darn good and the burger wasn't bad either. Very cool old school British futball vibe too, definitely going back soon.

Went to Q&B about 8 months ago as it was voted best fries by some online site. It wasn't bad, but not the best IMO by any stretch. Their burger was OK, the meat was very loose and the patty just kind of broke apart as I was eating. Won't go back at those prices.

After reading Mr Peepers comment i went out and tried the new "Hot 'N Juicy" I did enjoy it, It was no 5 guys burger but still better than what they had before!! I was pretty full after eating the double 1/2 pound burger.

Fans of The Burger's Priest should check out Holy Chuck Burgers at Yonge, just south of St. Clair. As for who is better I can't say, but I like 'em both.

There's a new place "No Bull Burgers" on Parliament, just north of Queen.
It's no Burger's Priest, but i'd give it a 7.5 out of 10. A welcome addition to the neighbourhood.

There's a new place "No Bull Burgers" on Parliament, just north of Queen.
It's no Burger's Priest, but i'd give it a 7.5 out of 10. A welcome addition to the neighbourhood.

The greek spot next door isn't bad either....for Greek food..that is. They make a very nice Chicken Souvlaki Pita. Better than most places on the Danforth.

For its decent quality at good value, I'm a regular at T-Bones in Scarborough, on Eglinton at Midland. Five dollars plus tax gets you an 8-ounce "sirloin" burger with the toppings of your choice and fresh cut fries on a real plate with real silverware. Open 24 hours a day. The decor is a bit tired, but it's a neighbourly place. I don't know if it's the best burger, because I don't frequent the gourmet places, but I certainly prefer the burger at T-Bones to the Hero Burger, the Acme Burger, the Burger Shack burger, and the tasteless $9.99 plus tax and tip burgers that I buy whenever I'm out to supper with people at one of those Irish/English pubs.

Last edited:
The greek spot next door isn't bad either....for Greek food..that is. They make a very nice Chicken Souvlaki Pita. Better than most places on the Danforth.

Oh I know, I eat there twice a month at least.
I assume the Greek place will be taking the burger off its menu now.

Back