Berczy Condos, The (Concert Properties) - Real Estate -

Indeed!

2343_12460_lg.jpg

There's 10 on MLS, im sure we'll get some great tenants.

Whoever took the pics on the below, did a great job...im no expert though.

http://www.theinvidiatateam.com/Listings/2343/55FrontStreetEast/

I remember this unit 312 was the last unit that Concert sold in December 2010. It was sold for $549,900 plus $20,000 for a package including parking, locker, bicycle lock-up and hardwood upgrade in the bedroom and just 5% deposit until occupancy.

I remember this unit 312 was the last unit that Concert sold in December 2010. It was sold for $549,900 plus $20,000 for a package including parking, locker, bicycle lock-up and hardwood upgrade in the bedroom and just 5% deposit until occupancy.

So, will they get that rent price? Seems steep.

$4000?! That's nuts! Hope someone is stupid enough to pay that much. I saw a similar sized unit at Market Wharf for about $1100 less and it had a better view, gas range, and larger terrace.

Question for those that have either moved in or taken possession but not moved yet. We got possession of our unit this past monday, and are moving in on Saturday. When I got the keys and went through the unit, I noticed that there was really no clean up, dust everywhere, foot prints on the floor etc.. is this normal? My first condo was with tridel and when I took possession it was pretty spotless, all I really had to do was wipe out the cabinets and very light dusting. Just curious what others have experienced. The folks in the mgmt office have been very understanding and easy to deal with which I like.

I'm thinking Concert is really strapped for time now. We have just been told our PDI will be the same day we take possession.....cannot imagine the state of the unit. We will now be moving into the unit with no time to fix any deficiencies beforehand. So disappointed.

Question for those that have either moved in or taken possession but not moved yet. We got possession of our unit this past monday, and are moving in on Saturday. When I got the keys and went through the unit, I noticed that there was really no clean up, dust everywhere, foot prints on the floor etc.. is this normal? My first condo was with tridel and when I took possession it was pretty spotless, all I really had to do was wipe out the cabinets and very light dusting. Just curious what others have experienced. The folks in the mgmt office have been very understanding and easy to deal with which I like.

I conducted my post occupancy PDI today. I also found the unit to be a little dirty but not crazy dirty. I emphasized to the Concert rep that they really need to make sure the carpets a spick and span as well as the bathrooms. I didn't want to see any sign of paint spakle on the floor or on the tiles in the bathroom. This is my first property so I have no prior experience to compare that too. The floors were relatively clean in my unit with a little dust here and there.

$4000?! That's nuts! Hope someone is stupid enough to pay that much. I saw a similar sized unit at Market Wharf for about $1100 less and it had a better view, gas range, and larger terrace.

What they’re asking might seem high but believe it or not, for a building like this one it isn’t unrealistic. My friend (realtor) asked me last month if I can help her client by giving her contacts of owners I might know who planned on renting out their place. Her client is an executive and long time client of hers whose company pays for living expenses and the budget was a little over $4k as long as it was close to 1000 sf. They found a unit at The Berczy a couple of weeks ago. High demand buildings will have no problems commanding higher than market rents.

Re: percentage of this building with renters - I’m going to guess 15-20% max. Majority of the building have unusually large units much larger than any projects I’ve seen lately except boutique ones in Yorkville. Investors look for small units that cost less to keep their bottom line low in case they end up dealing with vacancy. Rarely do investors buy big units for that purpose unless their lives changed since they bought 3 years ago and need to sell or rent it.

Last edited:
I'm thinking Concert is really strapped for time now. We have just been told our PDI will be the same day we take possession.....cannot imagine the state of the unit. We will now be moving into the unit with no time to fix any deficiencies beforehand. So disappointed.

Bad news indeed but not surprising considering the over-optimistic schedule they put on themselves.

One of the most important things for you to do then is to go over all items carefully which might be scratched by an occupant of the unit. Many times, developers will not warrant scratches on counters, floors, bathtubs etc because you can't prove you got it that way. I found a big dent/scratch in the corner of my bathtub, which was dirty at the time. Bring a flashlight, run water in the tub, spend your time on looking at quality of all in-use finishes. Take your time during the PDI.

that price seems insane for 945 square feet - $3,999/month ?!?
although I don't have a floorplan of the unit, interior windowless bedrooms are a fail for me.

I agree that it's really steep. If it's furnished I could see it being rented for almost $4000.
The second bedroom, which most likely will be used as a den, is the only bedroom that doesn't have a window but the master bedroom does so I don't think it will be much of an issue.

Anyone here see merit in having a place (Facebook perhaps) for Berczy owners to gather other than here, something for those moved in who want to discuss issues with governance, management etc?

The condo where I live has a Facebook page; I know a number that do (some have groups). The thing with Facebook is that it's public so you may not want to post issues about management, etc. There are free online forum options, and depending on your management and/or security company, they might have a system that can be used. Front Desk is a popular choice for condos because you can use it for calendars, booking the party room, notifying residents of parcels, a forum, etc. Of course, it costs money :)

But yeah, an online place where people can post notices, meet, etc. is a good thing. It comes in handy for renting out parking spots too!

Back