News   Jul 11, 2024
 4.9K     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 576     5 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 616     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

its a nice tidy space... though it strikes me that some sort of larger than life sculpture would look good where that rectangle of grass is. Also, I look forward to seeing the plaza enclosed by buildings on all 4 sides!

I know it wont remain this way but I have to say that I like the backdrop of the Bay Buildings.

wow!

Great shots of the Plaza.... glad to see people already using it!

The grass is really green :) !

It's gonna be really cool when BA East is built... it's gonna be like a little canyon on it's on... will be some great shots looking up from that plaza when it's built...

Shot of BAC while driving south on Bay. Taken last Thursday afternoon by myself. Just a little backhand snapshot I took very quickly.

Attachments

• DSC00344.jpg
    DSC00344.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 208
In reality though, a patch of grass it is and a patch of grass it will remain.

Who knows, there might still be something planned. All the grass in the middle section has just been rolled up and set aside. Maybe they need to fix a leaky irrigation system that is dripping through the expansive waterproofing into the new concourse . . . or . . . maybe we'll get a sculpture.

That little patch of green is perfect! Just think, now there's a place for all those future poodles living across the street in Trump to pee on. Oh wait, the grass has been replaced? With what?

That little patch of green is perfect! Just think, now there's a place for all those future poodles living across the street in Trump to pee on. Oh wait, the grass has been replaced? With what?

OMG, that's hilarious! I never thought of that, but of course you're right! It will become a green field with brown polka dots starting sometime in 2011!

Edit: The grass was replaced with . . . more grass.

Last edited:
All the construction trailers on the north side of Temperance are now being carted away. I think the place where these trailers used to be is where the new secure bicycle rack facility will be located:

[From: http://www.brookfieldproperties.com...-7c79-4a6d-9824-17176826b11f&section=2&type=1]"There will be 136 exterior stalls for bicycles on the north side of Temperance exclusively for tenant use. This area is expected to be completed in late Fall 2009 and will be secure with card access. An additional 42 exterior spaces are available for visitor use adjacent to the Arnell Plaza. Shower facilities are available on the Concourse Level."

The beautiful new sidewalk has been ripped up, trenched and asphalted already at Bay and Temperence. The unsightly patch continues to grow in size and messiness with each passing day as more and more granite panels are actually cut through rather than simply removed and stacked nearby as was done initially. Unreal.

Last edited:
This morning I wandered into the Scotiabank side of the tunnel - which is finished with display cases inset into the walls and stuff in them - but the lightly grained marble Bay Adelaide side of the tunnel isn't quite done yet.

Is the tunnel open to through traffic then, or was it blocked beyond Scotia Plaza?

Back