News   Jul 12, 2024
 826     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 747     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 316     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

I noticed the tree on the top of the core this morning as well.....
Not sure if mechanical is going above core?

Not sure if mechanical is going above core?

I was almost certain that there would be some mechanical above the office floors. Maybe the concrete core does not need to be raised further in order to handle equipment servicing for the elevators and maintainence...??

this image is about a week out of date, but for what its worth - the view from Front and Bay...

2688585867_6bc340c4c4_o.jpg

I noticed the tree on the top of the core this morning as well.....

The tree is there to offset the carbon emitions from the construction. It's also a fruit tree... so workers can snack and work (no breaks needed)

From Dev.z at SSC:

The tree has been there since christmas. I always wondered why they kept that tree around, but it's definitely not to signal topping out.

I thought this was the same tree. Yes, definitely been there since xmas. You can see if if you look closely at some of my earlier pics from a few months ago.

I don't want this to top out. I want a surprise notification that they are adding 20 floors or something totally crazy like that!

I thought the tree thing had to do with safely building without any deaths or injuries. I had heard that somewhere else before.

The tree gets flown up on the last piece of steel on a steel building, when the building has been completed without death or serious injury. Trees don't go up for the concrete top-out (unless someone somewhere is trying to start a new tradition, or appropriate an old one)

Back