News   Jun 14, 2024
 2K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 788     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Maybe the repairs on FCP should have a pixel motif worked into them - but on purpose.

Woohoo! Is this the best skyscraper in Toronto history or is it just me?!

Scotiabank Plaza, Commerce Court North, BCE Place, and the TD Centre are all examples of better skyscrapers. B/A Centre is great, but the previously mentioned towers are much better designs.

Then of course we have many great, underappreciated skyscrapers that are less noticed because they aren't as tall. Simcoe Place and the Sun Life towers come to mind. If any of those three were B/A height, they could easily make my favourites.

33 floors, 148m. and ya, I love it too... been sitting alone on that western skyline for so long and now its getting lots of new neighbours.

BAC looks nice...the glass is more interesting than I thought it would be and I like the beveled corner..but it still seems banal...perhaps the ensemble when it is finished will be a classy box like Commerce Court or TD Centre.

And yes the FCP looks absolutely horrific..the owners should bite the bullet and reclad.

Scotiabank Plaza, Commerce Court North, BCE Place, and the TD Centre are all examples of better skyscrapers. B/A Centre is great, but the previously mentioned towers are much better designs.

i never understand the enthusiasm for Scotia Plaza. it sure is tall, and its a decent colour, the windows are ok, but that upside down ziggaraut on top is a total deal breaker.

its basically the lamest and the tamest 'postmodern' gesture you can imagine and its just totally unconvincing i think.

i will also never forgive it because it led to crap such as:

zigg.jpg

I dunno, it seems like a mid-late 80s dorkscraper to me. The architectural equivalent to those early Cancon Muchmusic videos by the likes of Rock & Hyde...

Speaking of dorks. Scotia-dork absolutely soars beyond it's measley 900 feet, cost 600 million bucks back in the '80s, is covered with stunning red granite that hasn't aged a bit and is simply ... a great skyscraper... that no amount of erudite, head up your butt, archie-expert comments will devalue. It's a 9 out 10 even decades after completion.

Back