News   Jun 25, 2024
 453     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 593     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Call me crazy (but call me) but I think the tower is an improvement over what was there.

276706194_495e358eb2.jpg

It's almost invisible anyways, so let's put it down to well-executed, slightly boring, skyline enhancing infill.... and move on to those highly visible (and much publicized) projects like 1. One Bloor East 2. Aura 3. Shangri La 4. L Tower 5. Four Seasons

These projects offer much more potential to demand swigging a case or two of genuine green whine, because they are much more "exposed".

badone.jpg

^ Don't get me wrong: I'm not saying I don't like it... I'm just saying that it looks like a mini-FCP... which is a rather uncreative thing to do. It's too bad that this much office density wasn't used on something that would stand out nicely in our skyline.

I do concede that I think that it will make a beautiful mirror for its up-and-coming neighbor Trump Tower.

It does look like a mini-FCP. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I quite like it's look.

Yeah my point is there is a lot of non-contributive complaining about its resemblance to FCP. Why not complain about Commerce Court West pretty much copied the proportions and shape of the Toronto-Dominion Bank Tower. Or the fact that any box shaped skyscraper is a rip-off of well, a box.

It's a conservative, but inoffensive, corporate skyscraper of high quality (from what I can tell so far). Nothing wrong with that, it's a good looking building. One thing however, that I think does deserve complaints, is the removal of the glass 'fins'. They were an added touch of interest that I am sad to see gone, but there were (supposed) practical reasons that sounded fair enough.

It's a conservative, but inoffensive, corporate skyscraper of high quality (from what I can tell so far). Nothing wrong with that, it's a good looking building.
Exactly! I think it's entirely appropriate for the area and that we could use a dozen more just like this downtown.

That doesn't change the fact that it looks like a glass FCP :p

(I think you are finding complaints where there aren't any)

Exactly! I think it's entirely appropriate for the area and that we could use a dozen more just like this downtown.

That doesn't change the fact that it looks like a glass FCP :p

(I think you are finding complaints where there aren't any)

I guess I was, as I got the impression everyone was upset that it looks like FCP clad in glass.

You can see BA peaking into the skyline from the Bathurst bridge as well RBC. It just to the left of Metro Hall and that brown speck.

2491548608_1c1fa5aa50_b.jpg

One last (?) form dance from this pov. Took the pic, made a coffee, and looked back... the forms were completed raised. I've been on slower elevators.

--

A little off topic, but that post sparked my imagination: how are the forms raised anyway? Does the crane pick them up? How do they lock into place so firmly? Are they on some sort of rail system? They don't sway in the wind when they're being lifted. They just go straight up.

Nice! Only two more form raisings until the next (and final) core narrowing. Should be seeing that by the end of next week.

And nice render 3Dementia! It does have nice proportions, maybe not quite as slender as Spire, but still not bad.

Back