News   Jul 10, 2024
 886     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 504     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 729     0 

Barrie Collingwood Railway (BCRY)

The Newmarket sub begins in Washago, sort of. It continues north and south from there. The Bala Sub ends in Washago.
CN might want a phone call about that, as I think they might have a different perspective. South of Washago, the Newmarket sub, which ran through Barrie and Orillia, was abandoned/sold.

balatt.jpg

Currently, the Canadian uses the Newmarket Sub through Washago. In fact, Washago is the last station before Union.
That is a mistake. Sometimes it has used the Newmarket Sub, but only to the York sub to connect with the Bala subdivision. You can’t get to Washago via the southern half of the Newmarket Sub anymore

Transport Action Canada is an advocacy group and can propose/dream anything they want. CP might have something to say about it. |I don't know how much additional storage Metrolinx will need in the future - they seem to have a fair bit in the current Allendale yard and, if they needed more, finding property just east of Ferndale or down the Beeton spur would be closer. If nothing else, building a s/b - e/b connecting track at Utopia would require buying up a number of commercial properties. I'm also not sure how well the Canadian would weave into Metrolinx's planned service.

I'm quite confused. The old Allendale station is not on the alignment of the BCR; it's not huge, about 60m away but certainly not adjacent.

Metrolinx doesn't operate the Canadian, so I'm not sure why their rules would apply.

Who are you proposing using the Mactier sub? Metrolinx - they have their own route out of Barrie. Via - are you suggesting, between the two posts, that the Canadian come down the Mactier sub, go into Barrie, then back out to Utopia?
It is a pipe dream without a doubt. But it is one that I would love to see become reality.

I love catching the BCRY at Allandale. It’s always a nice treat when waiting for the train or bus. Here’s hoping the 2nd track will see passenger trains in the future
Why would that second track be needed for passenger service?

Right now, along the Barrie Line, which is the first station with 2 platforms?
Not right this moment. But with GO expansion (correct me if I am mistaken) but with 15 minute service going to Bradford, Allandale will see 30 minute service. There’s certainly a case for another platform if that is the case and the Beeton Spur is in a decent spot for it

Not right this moment. But with GO expansion (correct me if I am mistaken) but with 15 minute service going to Bradford, Allandale will see 30 minute service. There’s certainly a case for another platform if that is the case and the Beeton Spur is in a decent spot for it

So, the answer is none?
Also, with it being the last station there is less a reason for a second platform than other stations.

Considering the line is predominantly single-track, there are no stations on the line with 2 platforms.

But this will change soon, starting with Rutherford Station in the next year or so.

Dan
Now, lets look at all the other terminus of the other GO lines. How many of them have a double track and 2 or more platforms?

Back