News   Jul 24, 2024
 441     0 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 381     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 904     0 

Bank Branch Openings / Signage

Soon, more branches will be opening at weekends, apparently. Lately, the tellers ( or whatever we're supposed to call them nowadays ) have noticeably backed off from constantly pushing online banking for people who don't want it. My branch provides cookies and coffee most mornings. Irritating "greeters" prowl around. Sometimes I'm called by my first name, as if I'm their dearest friend. Where will it all end?

I haven't actually used a branch in god knows how long. I use ATMs occasionally, but I do the vast majority of my banking online. I like branches for the ATMs if need be.

There are advantages to being a frequent customer at your branch, and known by the manager, if your requirements go beyond the usual bank machine withdrawal sort.

Where I bank is a training branch - there's a sort of Rake's Progress ... from being dazed and confused young tellers, to sitting behind desks in little veal-fattening pens all their own, to deluxe cubicles with their names on little metal panels outside, and then out the door into the real world where they're unleashed on some unsuspecting branch in the hinterlands ...

BMO is taking the clothing store that was at church/alexander. next to timothy's

Oh you mean the Body Body Wear and then American Apparel? That's a good location for a branch. Too bad it's BMO. RBC would have been nice, but I guess since there's a branch right on Yonge it'd be too close.

RBC coming to northeast corner of Spadina and Fort York Blvd. CIBC coming to southwest corner of the same intersection. TD has the southeast corner. That's 3 for 4. BMO or Scotia for Signature Tower?

Back