Aura at College Park Condos (Canderel Stoneridge) - Real Estate -

Hi !!!

I am from Melbourne. I bought Unit 7101 that is 786 Sq feet, 2A3 rev (N). I booked this in November 2008. Any idea what could be the fare price at this time. Any idea about the occupancy date ? will appreciate any input.
Thanks . Shahab

For a unit like yours, you're likely looking at an occupancy date in early 2014 - maybe some time between January and May, depending on how things go with construction. The units with the hoist elevator attachments will be ready May 1st, so presumably you'll have your unit before then. I'd be curious to know the date once the builder sends it your way.

As for pricing, a lot of the units on the lower portion of the building right now that are up for assignment are going for between $650-$700/sq.ft. Of course, yours is much higher, which has to count for something extra. Hard to know an exact market value right now until a good amount of sales take place in the building to establish a value for Aura.

For a unit like yours, you're likely looking at an occupancy date in early 2014 - maybe some time between January and May, depending on how things go with construction. The units with the hoist elevator attachments will be ready May 1st, so presumably you'll have your unit before then. I'd be curious to know the date once the builder sends it your way.

As for pricing, a lot of the units on the lower portion of the building right now that are up for assignment are going for between $650-$700/sq.ft. Of course, yours is much higher, which has to count for something extra. Hard to know an exact market value right now until a good amount of sales take place in the building to establish a value for Aura.

Thanks Doherty
My unit is with the hoist elevator. I would be happy if its ready by May 2014. But am curious to know about the current prices. I booked this unit for 698.98 $ in 2008. You are saying its still between 650& -700$ after five years?

Shahab, I'd say your unit value (once built) will be $800-$875/sqft. Congratulations on your purchase. There aren’t many apartments in Toronto above the 70th floor, so count yourself lucky!

LD, did the builder suggest May 1st, 2014 for hoist elevator units? I have some apartments above the 70th floor and my scheduled occupancy date is still October 1st, 2013...

Last edited:
Shahab, I'd say your unit value (once built) will be $800-$875/sqft. Congratulations on your purchase. There aren’t many apartments in Toronto above the 70th floor, so count yourself lucky!

LD, did the builder suggest May 1st, 2014 for hoist elevator units? I have some apartments above the 70th floor and my scheduled occupancy date is still October 1st, 2013...

Johnzz, a few days ago, I got a letter from Canderel that the tentative occupancy date of my unit, on 62 floor, has been moved from October 1, 2013 to May 1, 2014.

Unit 6101 has been offered for sale at $ 871 psf. Of course, the real value will be established after a few sales have gone through.

The elevator running up the north side of the building is the hoist elevator. If you purchased one of these units, your purchase agreement will state so. They have delayed occupancy dates as the elevator is last to be removed once the building is complete.

Johnzz, a few days ago, I got a letter from Canderel that the tentative occupancy date of my unit, on 62 floor, has been moved from October 1, 2013 to May 1, 2014.

Thanks Ka. I haven't received mine yet.

The elevator running up the north side of the building is the hoist elevator. If you purchased one of these units, your purchase agreement will state so. They have delayed occupancy dates as the elevator is last to be removed once the building is complete.

Thanks.

I can state with certainly for a unit deemed a "hoist unit" on the 57th floor that the occupancy date just confirmed by the builder is May 1, 2014. I'd imagine that whether you're looking at a hoist unit above or below floor 57, they'd all be getting occupancy at that time since the hoist elevator will be removed from the building alll in one go from top to bottom.

Shahab - It's just so challenging to talk about value in Aura right now. Realistically, based on sales in CP 1 & 2, and based on the square footage and functionality of your unit as a 2 bed/2 bath, it makes sense for it to be worth $600,000 - $630,000, but that's without considering the floor level and the "newness" of the building. It's going to still take more time to establish value it seems. Especially while the condo market works out some kinks in seller pricing and buyer demand in the next while.

This thread is mostly owner based, but I'm wondering about assignments. Could anyone point me in the right direction? I'm looking for a 1 bedroom unit. I've heard that occupancy for the lower third of the building should begin August 2013, is this the case?

Thank you

Hi everyone. I am having my PDI tomorrow. Has anyone done it already? What do you think about the quality of the interior in general? Any pointers as to what I should look for? Thanks.

Hi everyone. I am having my PDI tomorrow. Has anyone done it already? What do you think about the quality of the interior in general? Any pointers as to what I should look for? Thanks.

Make sure you check out the finish on the balcony floor. Also check the hardware around the kitchen area carefully. Ours was loose and crooked, If we had not felt it, we may not have noticed.

Back