News   Apr 25, 2024
 157     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 334     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 531     0 

Audi Midtown & Porsche North Toronto (243-255 Consumers Rd, 6s, Teeple Architects)

I think the issue is that it's been scaled up so much and that there's a 360 degree view. Other locations using the Audi Terminal template either have the service bays and washing / detailing areas on the ground level behind the dealership or, if it has been scaled up like in the case of Audi Manhattan, it's not as tall and the service areas on in the part of the building not visible or in a separate building altogether.

d498e643218b22cda8a590e539bfc63cx.jpg

If you bought a car there and needed to take transit after dropping the car off for service, what's the most convenient route with subway I wonder.

If you bought a car there and needed to take transit after dropping the car off for service, what's the most convenient route with subway I wonder.

It looks like a 20 minute walk to Fairview Mall to access Don Mills Station. Do-able but probably not ideal for most customers. That's probably where the shuttle service comes in.

There is no architecture left in Toronto. Only cladding.

Sure, in a sense, but it's more 'corporate identity' than simply 'cladding.' The latter is the localized expression of the globally-agreed-upon former. In that way, it's not so much a 'Toronto' problem, but a 'Globalization of Brand Identity' problem, no?

If you owned an Audi, my guess would be that you'd take two cars there, or take an Uber or a cab back home (or at least, to Fairview and the TTC). Not to baselessly-impugn the owners of this brand, but I'd bet the likelihood of an Audi owner walking from here to the mall is slim at best.

It looks like a 20 minute walk to Fairview Mall to access Don Mills Station. Do-able but probably not ideal for most customers. That's probably where the shuttle service comes in.

No need to walk. There are two bus routes from Don Mills station that stops right in front of the dealership.

I'm sure as a basic courtesy, there is a customer shuttle dropoff / pickup service

People revving Porsche engines all day while test driving their new cars will definitely be an annoyance for the office park.

This is such a funny statement. Having owned 3 Porsches and test drove many more than that, I can guarantee you no one is going to 'revving engines all day' while test driving. There may be a few people driving a little too spiritedly around the industrial park, but noise is not going to be an issue. People won't be sitting here revving engines.

I'm actually pretty excited about this. Right now there are 3 Porsche dealerships in the GTA (we're pretty lucky seeing as there are no Porsche dealerships between Montreal and Halifax) Downtown Porsche, PFAFF Porsche and Oakville Porsche. This (and the Audi store) will both be corporately owned dealerships which will be interesting. It will be fun to go see all the cars up at the top of the DVP without having to go all the way out to Woodbridge, Oakville or suffering the horrible service of downtown.

I get that most people on here hate cars and car dealerships, but I'm a car fan and I think this will be fun.

IMG_3619.JPG

Just drove up and had a look for myself (albeit in the dark) and it's a very handsome building. Could be the best looking car dealership in Toronto tied with the BMW building at the bottom of the DVP. Audi's entire thing is design. So makes sense they're as fussy about their building as their cars. BTW, the spiral ramp at the end was clearly visibly through the cladding. Looked great.

Attachments

• IMG_3619.JPG
    IMG_3619.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,333
The translucent parts of the cladding is even see through during the day. This building turned out very well, pictures don't do it justice.

Some shots from today. Fun to watch them put on the logo.

IMG_3762.jpg
IMG_3768.jpg
IMG_3776.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3762.jpg
    IMG_3762.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,378
  • IMG_3768.jpg
    IMG_3768.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,097
  • IMG_3776.jpg
    IMG_3776.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,115
Sure, in a sense, but it's more 'corporate identity' than simply 'cladding.' The latter is the localized expression of the globally-agreed-upon former. In that way, it's not so much a 'Toronto' problem, but a 'Globalization of Brand Identity' problem, no?

If you owned an Audi, my guess would be that you'd take two cars there, or take an Uber or a cab back home (or at least, to Fairview and the TTC). Not to baselessly-impugn the owners of this brand, but I'd bet the likelihood of an Audi owner walking from here to the mall is slim at best.

I have a "lowly" Mazda and even they'll shuttle me a generous distance if I'm having it serviced. Audi provides shuttles and I'm quite certain loaner cars during more substantial service jobs.

Back side of dealer, which looks ok but not as good as the side facing the 401.

Next door, construction on the new Porsche head office, training Centre, and dealer has started.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 987
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 868
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg