News   Jul 16, 2024
 235     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 362     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Are too many new condo projects in the area good or bad for future resale Values

next stop on the sheppard line is victoria park... those condo buildings in bewteen don mills and vic park are screwed

http://www.thestar.com/news/transpo...l-delivers-more-bang-for-the-8-2-billion-buck

the star article mentions Mayor Rob Ford’s plan for a Sheppard subway extension by paying for a new stop at Victoria Park. That would cost about $1 billion, including station construction, according to one TTC source.

Not sure if consumers station is included but if it isn't.. those tridel and monarch residents will be out of luck because walking to vp or don mills is just too far

I have split thoughts on the Sheppard Ave development between Don Mills and Victoria Park. One might say that Don Mills & Sheppard is a great location, close to Fairview Mall, TTC and the DVP, hence condos will demand a premium. The flipside is that there are also a multitude of existing apartment buildings in that area, which would possibly have a detrimental affect on these new condos. With the new buildings slowly being completed, I don't find them particularly appealing or luxurious-looking. My biggest fear is that one day they will end up like the apartment buildings behind them.

That said, the stretch between the DVP and Vic Park has traditionally been commercial-use only. Having the condos will certainly bring more life into that area outside of work hours. I'm not sure why the area between DVP and Vic Park has been so "dry" considering its proximity to highways and amenities. Brian Village is a nice area but that Brian Village Plaza always seems dead and there isn't much bustle in any of the neighboring shops when the Consumers Road businesses are closed for the day. For all these reasons, I am all for these new condo developments. Hopefully they will bring people in and give this stretch of street some vibrance.

Back