News   Jun 28, 2024
 4.1K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 666     1 

Arc Condo (Sheppard & Bayview, Daniels, 16s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

from what's I've seen thus far ... Daniels build good lookin' building exteriors (IMO) ... but the interior are crap with cheap materials and poor workmanship in the units

While the main lobby looks decent, the hallways + elevator lobby feels 'apartment' like in the couple places I've seen ... my note to self, stay away from Daniels :rolleyes:

With respect to the quality of Daniels buildings, it seems to vary:

I've been inside every tower in the NY Tower complex and can say without a doubt that the quality of materials and workmanship is quite poor. I've personally witnessed numerous suites with leaky balconies, hardwood that is severly warped, nail pops, cracks in the paint, etc.

On the flipside, I currently live in Kilgour Estate by Daniels and the difference is night and day. The materials are far superior as is the construction/workmanship. The only issue I can think of is a cracked planter in the front drive and that was caused by the snow removal people this past winter and has already been scheduled for repair/replacement.

Unfortunately I expect Arc to be more in line with the NY Towers project.

What a double blow to residents of the NY Towers. On top of living in the most terrible looking condos in Toronto, they have to live with shoddy workmanship and poor quality construction. I'll bet they paid a fair bit for them to boot. You couldn't even pay me to live in those monstrosities.

With respect to the quality of Daniels buildings, it seems to vary:

I've been inside every tower in the NY Tower complex and can say without a doubt that the quality of materials and workmanship is quite poor. I've personally witnessed numerous suites with leaky balconies, hardwood that is severly warped, nail pops, cracks in the paint, etc.

I've heard about the same thing with respect to the towers on Rean Drive.

But how about the "Empire" building... the one on Barberry place? I think 17 Barberry place? Any improvement, or the same old stuff as in the NY Towers?

My Mother looked at an apartment in 19 Barberry recently and was quite pleased with the sensible layout and how bright it was - a one bedroom for about 255K. The Amica, across the street, is a rental seniors' building and the facilities there - including a shuttle bus to the mall, or Mars, or somewhere - can be used by people living in the Claridges to the west of it ( which is "senior friendly" - a term they use when they want to scare off anyone under 50 from buying there ). Despite warning her to be afraid, be very afraid, I think she looked at a place in one of those hideous squat skyscraper buildings, too, and wasn't particularly impressed.

I've heard about the same thing with respect to the towers on Rean Drive.

But how about the "Empire" building... the one on Barberry place? I think 17 Barberry place? Any improvement, or the same old stuff as in the NY Towers?

When I was looking the Empire building was overall a nicer building (lobby, hallways, suites), and the quality looked better too, but it was a newer building so it's possible that by now it too is experiencing the same quality issues as NY, though that's just speculation.

I think quality can simply vary significantly in Daniels' buildings ... yes there's top of the line products like Kilgour Estates and The Bayview (price-cyyyyy) ... and there's the typical stuff which Daniels appear to do a crappy job in ...

I was in One Park Mississauga couple months ago (basically brand new building) as I was deeply attracted by its architecture, but was sadly disappointed by its common areas (hallways) and unit finishing which was definitely below par ... I think One Park was the first time I saw conventional fluorescent 'tube' lighting in a residential condo, YUK !! I also saw similar problems in the units as reported by others including warpped laminate/wood flooring, water damage in unit, mis-aligned (upper vs lower) cabinetry installation, cheap looking cabinet materials, incorrectly installed trims + baseboards

What a double blow to residents of the NY Towers. On top of living in the most terrible looking condos in Toronto, they have to live with shoddy workmanship and poor quality construction. I'll bet they paid a fair bit for them to boot. You couldn't even pay me to live in those monstrosities.

Does anyone remember any quotes from these towers' promotional material? I don't doubt the phrase 'architectural masterpiece' made its way in there at least once.

Drove by the ARC today. Its looking good.

And in response to whoever said the quality was going to be similar to the Daniels New York Towers... I dont think so. The NY towers are very basic in terms of finishes. The ARC's standard finishes included hardwood, granite, stainless steel appliances etc.

I think they are doing a great job.

Attachments

• IMG_5129.jpg
    IMG_5129.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 378
Last edited:
Looks great. Nice to see they cladded the balcony edges and it really helps add that extra polish.

Drove by the ARC today. Its looking good.

And in response to whoever said the quality was going to be similar to the Daniels New York Towers... I dont think so. The NY towers are very basic in terms of finishes. The ARC's standard finishes included hardwood, granite, stainless steel appliances etc.

I think they are doing a great job.

There's no question that ARC (and other Daniels' buildings) looks nice on the outside ... the comment was directed to the poor interior finishes (in terms of quality and workmanship) ... have you been in a recently 'completed' Daniels building yourself lately? it is the poorly finished common areas and the crappy workmanship in the suites that stunned me (including warped floors, nail pops, oddly laid out kitchen cabinetry, using standard cabinets for 8' ceiling units in 9' ceiling units-hence a gap between the bulkhead + top of upper cabinets)

for the record... ARC offers "pre-engineered hardwood flooring"

As BWAHAHA! bloated rhetoric goes, though, calling NY Towers "stunning architecture" is no less ridiculous than calling G&C's Fly1 "remniscent of Bernard Tschumi's Blue in New York's Lower East Side" or calling Fly3 "visually iconic".

Back