News   Jul 23, 2024
 123     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 257     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 879     1 

Annex Loft Houses (483 Dupont St, Dewbourne Dev, 4s, Paradigm Architecture) COMPLETE

greenleaf

Member Bio
Reaction score
From Councillor Vaughan's latest newsletter:

"The developers and architect behind a new mixed-use condo planned for 483 Dupont Street have recently revised their proposal for the site. Rather than build a 19-metre-high building with 55 residential units, Dewbourne
Development has planned a 14.8-metre building with 20-units and one retail space at grade.

The newly proposed building has been designed to meet all the zoning
requirements for the site. Every residential unit will have access from grade level, rooftop patio space, and one exclusive parking space. Below grade parking will be accessed from the laneway behind the building."

There is a rendering in the newsletter, but I'm not savvy enough to pull it out.

Basically, it's townhouses with a garden level. The materials appear to be pure black brick or precast with all glass windows (perhaps with an ever so slight blue tint?). Very modern looking.

This is just west of Bathurst on Dupont.

Rendering

related to above article ~

483Dupont.jpg

http://www.adamvaughan.ca/AV-newsletter/newsletters/2009-07-29.pdf

Some details on this project, from BBH:

product type: Townhouse / Loft / Condo
construction status: Preconstruction
current total units: 24 units
number of storeys: 4 storeys
unit sizes (s.f.): from 724 s.f. to 1677 s.f.
one bedroom prices: from $329,000 to $449,000
two bedroom prices: from $579,000 to $579,000
three bedroom prices: from $679,000 to $699,000
sales company: Chestnut Park Real Estate
maintanance fee: $ 0.25 / s.f. p/m
parking price: $24,000.00
Brokers Welcome and Protected? Yes.
Blog post on BBH, here.

Attachments

• Annex LoftHouses Exterior.JPG
    Annex LoftHouses Exterior.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 600
Last edited:
Grand Opening is happening this Saturday October 24, at their sales office located at 483 Dupont Street (here).

Blog post, here.

Image of their townhomes, attached below.

Note to mods.. not sure if this should be in REAL ESTATE, or this thread as there are renderings attached to the email. Please let me know.

Attachments

• Annex Loft Houses.jpg
    Annex Loft Houses.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 543
Project is sold out.

Looks good--good news.:)

After reading your post, I called up the developer to check on the status.

According the Adam Ochshorn (the developer), "The response by potential purchasers has been overwhelming...". I witnessed this last night at their presentation gallery (blog post, here), where it was a great-packed house .

However, according to the developer, they are not going to be taking offers for two weeks but the presentation gallery is open to check out their model-suite.

I will post a note on UT as I hear any more information.

What is that cinder block wall sticking out from the front? I thought the rendering was just to be row of 4 windows in the front?

Could be an elevator shaft? Might not be cinder block; could be stone. Too bad it's on such a busy street -- and the view across the street is crappy - a propane refill station.

Thanks for the pictures, Dreamer, and I agree, this type of project is important. But this one is a dog.

Those pictures are flattering.

But even here you can see.. what is that weird L-shaped patch of limestone tile doing? Why is the main entrance so small and mean? Why are the balconies divided by screens of raw pressure-treated lumber? Why is the fire alarm panel the most prominent thing on the facade from a pedestrian's point of view. This may sound like nitpicking but in person, these details are what jump out at me. The hot air return pipes, too - very visible and ugly.

This thing needs much more finesse.

Fine, "show dog." The site plan is good, and this is far from the worst midrise bulilding even on the block.

But this has Design Ambition. And with a modernist building, details are everything. Mies, God, etc.

And yes, it's got the purple-grey brick and aluminum windows - but a 12-year old with Google could make those calls.. The detailing of the front facade (the only public facade, its only public presence!) is a total mess.

When people move in, all you're going to notice is people's blinds at the sidewalk and their patio chairs on the third level. Plus that odd hunk of limestone.

Last edited:
I think it's fine. These details you don't like reflect the industrial roots of the street nicely. Dupont is a worker's street, not a Forest Hill "boss" street.

Of course compromises were made, but overall, it's a good show esp compared to all other Annex condo projects built to date.

Back