495     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 2.1K     4 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 782     1 

androiduk's My Toronto

Jarvis St. from Front to Bloor

jarvislong.jpg

How did you do this? How did you make it seem such a short distance? Fab.

Another movie shoot on Gloucester St. This group of buildings gets about 6 movie shoots a year. That will all end if these buildings are demolished for a new condo.

gloucestermovie.jpg

I love this building and the one to its left. I've been inside the one on Church. It would be beautiful if it were revamped. However, at present it is falling apart. I don't know about this one. But, you're right — they should try and keep the façade for filming! Lol. It would be nice little money maker for the condo that may go there.

I never felt that Casa Loma had a big impact on the city, it's very easy to forget about it. Wouldn't mind seeing it turned into a hotel to heighten it's profile.

drinkcasaloma.jpg

Or, drop the admission fee so that it would attact more people. But, I suppose it would then attract more trash. Lol.

And how do you say EW! in french? hehehe Excellent thread ~ merci!
Lord, I hate it when I do this / I was commenting on the public washrooms that had become a french school many, many posts ago.....still learning my way around , obviously..

Last edited:
Jarvis St. from Front to Bloor

jarvislong.jpg

DTowner asked: "How did you do this? How did you make it seem such a short distance? Fab."

Goldie: I love these 'forced-perspective' photos too.
Created by using an extreme telephoto or zoom lens.
androiduk has the technique down pat!

Since neon isn't the easiest to maintain, do you think we'll see LED neon replacing the Sheraton Logo, Royal York, ScotiaPlaza, etc.?

Quickly disappearing phone banks. The first one is in Union Station and the second one is in the southeast lobby of the Bay at Richmond & Yonge. New buildings such as BAC are not installing phone banks. The end of an era.

unionphone.jpg

bayphones.jpg

Back