News   Jul 19, 2024
 350     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 630     1 

androiduk's My Toronto

Bathurst, south of Bloor. Looks good cleaned up, I hope they have enough $ to finish the job.

yellowchurch.jpg

The closed North Toronto Station on N.Yonge Street...

The old train station in Summerhill. Now an LCBO outlet.

summerhill.jpg

Android: The clock tower of the closed North Toronto Station on N. Yonge Street looks good...
It is hard to believe that this is used for an LCBO Store today...I am glad that it was saved...

I remember doing research about GO using that Station as a North Toronto downtown bypass station but due to the heavy
freight train traffic that rail line has it is not feasible now and if it was used riders would have to use the busy TTC Yonge Subway
to travel to Downtown and other destinations along the Yonge Street corridor...

LI MIKE

'Canadian National', the tower and the train.

cntrain.jpg

Android: Ah,CN...The 70s era Tower and the much earlier preserved steam locomotive...not quite the image that CN conjures up but the classic 60s "noodle" logo is practically timeless!

What is the building to the right of the locomotive?

LI MIKE

^ They certainly are Mike. We have a fair amount of bicycle cops, they are used alot to patrol the downtown parks. We also have mounted units on horseback that are a regular sight downtown and operate out of the CNE grounds. What we don't have, unlike some U.S. cities. are cops on Segways.

I often see bike cops. I wonder if Don Cherry considers them to be bike-riding pinkos?

A lot to build Toronto's smallest house? Skinniest house?

If you're thinking of building a real skinny house, this lot on Broadview would be perfect.

minilot.jpg

Android: I noticed this thin lot for sale and I wondered if this could be the site to rival this Toronto landmark:

www.thelittlehouse.ca on Day Street in West Toronto...

But I also am thinking if the landowner proposes a driveway to store an automobile or two...

I know Toronto has expensive real estate but this seems a bit much to me...LI MIKE

Back