News   Jul 18, 2024
 233     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 675     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.9K     3 

androiduk's My Toronto

Bank of Nova Scotia, King & Bay. Watching over you - but not necessarily your money.

bns.jpg

^ What's amazing to me about that house is all the space in front of it with no vendors. It would be the perfect spot for a supermarket with lots of fruit & veggie stands outside.
I always thought it was two separate houses. The grafitti is interesting, as well, especially the green part that has been covered over with red writing.

The Bank of Nova Scotia's mythological figures were designed by Frederick Winkler, with other examples of his work at Postal Station 'K' at 2388 Yonge. The large bas relief inside the banking hall is by Jacobine Jones, and features major Canadian industries associated with the bank - including fishing, mining, logging, farming, and ... picking bananas.

Vegetarians, avert your eyes. Turkish Festival, YD Square

meat.jpg

This was a couple of weeks ago. The 2nd annual one, I think. Well worth dropping in to visit. Very inexpensive gift items - soaps, taffy, etc. Lots of entertainment.

And thanks for the additional; 'Bud' bus pics. Only a beer company could afford to restore something like this to this level.

Last edited:
^ It looks like the outdoor patio for a cafe. If it isn't, it should be. Would be a pleasant place for all those office workers to have lunch or dinner.

The upper level is open - for ticketholders - in the good weather when the Symphony are playing; the bars inside the lobby sell drinks, ice cream, chocolate covered almonds ... and that's about it.

Back