News   Jul 19, 2024
 155     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 871     4 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 440     1 

androiduk's My Toronto

A magnificent image, androiduk!

Would this be carved or moulded? And how can one tell?

I would most certainly say carved, considering the year it's from. I can't imagine that one would be able to mould a solid piece of stone anyway.

I would most certainly say carved, considering the year it's from. I can't imagine that one would be able to mould a solid piece of stone anyway.

I would agree on that with you.

As an aside, there was a proprietery material going by the name of ROMAN STONE, the company being headed by Sir Henry Pellat.

Casa Loma was a showplace for this product, the "imported tradesmen", being totally unawed. Many buildings in Toronto having

the apearance of stone trim are really finished in this manner.

Regards,
J T

Last edited:
Biker in Yorkville. I wonder how comfortable that mask is.

biker.jpg

Everyone: I noted these interesting pics here in the My Toronto section that I wanted to mention:
1/28 - Android: That is quite a montage of Toronto pics - I recognize many places pictured - You should make this into a poster or use it to promote UT...it's THAT good!
2/1 College Park interior - I always like the stonework inside the College Park buildings...
2/1 Mustapha - I was thinking "Mother,Jugs and Speed" (a 70s era movie) instead - whose dogs were those?
2/3 Android - Canadian Westinghouse Building - Nice old preserved 20s architecture...
2/5 A neat view of the CN "Beast"...
2/8 Nice photoshop pic from the Distillery District showing the truck and bricks...
2/9 Andy Warhol's influence is neat but I like that Old City Hall date detail 1898 even better...
2/10 - Tip Top on the lakeshore - nice detail!
2/16 Which do YOU prefer: Albert Britnell or Starbucks Coffee?
2/18 Yorkville Biker - Must be some mean wind chills for that biker...
2/19 Yonge/Charles - Nice rehab building!
2/19 TTC tunnel connecting St.George and Spadina Stations - I looked real hard at this pic and I thought: "What's missing here?" and then Mustapha mentioned the moving walkway "So THAT is what's Missing!"
When did the TTC remove the moving walkway? I remember that walkway made transferring there between TTC Subway lines much easier... and that also explains the difference in the flooring and walls there...
LI MIKE

Back