242     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 473     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1.4K     2 

androiduk's My Toronto

My Toronto: More good pics...

Android: I do really like this photo section-I will mention these pics:

11/3: Bloor looking E from Dundas-a good telephoto pic of that RR bridge with the road dip-with the Hudson's Bay Centre at Bloor/Yonge visible...
-Give that homeless person credit for finding that spot to set up his abode...
-Roncevalles TTC Streetcar tracks removal and replacement-steel,concrete and
wood ties to be picked up...replacing trolley tracks can be major work!
LI MIKE

True, but I find it egotistical and showy in a really self-conscious way; "Look!!! I've got nice guitars!!!"

I can't think of a more public private-residential space in the city. It's like people are living in the windows at the Bay.

Whoever lives there probably doesn't know much about guitars and music anyway; more of the type who buys a bunch of kit to show off but plays perhaps once a week.

For starters, (s)he should know that storing guitars in the direct sunlight like that isn't good for them. It could warp the wood, or do worse damage.

The dog has a great view from this Distillery condo

distillguitar.jpg

As much as I think it's a little tacky, maybe they're on to something with this. Condos usually lack a way of personalizing the exterior of your unit the way you can with a house. This weird window sliver space is like an public niche to show people a bit of your personality: this person likes music, another has a telescope (they must like astronomy), another has a painting and easel (can't see what painting, but what a stupid place for it anyway).

What would you put in your weird window sliver?

A big ol' assortment of plants. Honestly, what could be better? Most plants need a lot of light, and this is a prime piece of indoor space that provides that. For the most part, keeping things in direct light like that is ill-advised. The sun can be quite damaging to many possessions, whether it be damage by warping, bleaching, overheating, and so on.

That guitar also looks like a Gretsch so they can be anywhere between $2000 and $10,000 so it appears the guy has more money then brains. Still I don't think you'd buy a Gretsch if you can't play.

Great Pics BTW, keep em coming

Last edited:
^ Nice pic Mustapha. I wonder how long it took them to do that. There used to be a company that specialized in that type of work and their logo was "a rare medium well done"

^ I think the company your referring to was called Murad, was bought by CBS outdoor in something like 1997-98. I actually did some freelance for them when I was in highschool/college.

Back