News   Apr 25, 2024
 69     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Anagram TTC map

Re: Why does the TTC go out of its way to alienate its boost

It's bad to see the TTC shutting down the public's effort at making transit look hip and trendy, but the situation has not completely gone down the drain. There's no ban on transit photography, or even talk of a ban (like in New York, Britain or in some countries where subways are treated like military installations). I've yet to get a cease and desist order from the TTC about my subway videos on YouTube.

What happened to that Pizzazz contest TTC ran a while ago? I submitted an idea a few hours from the deadline, but never got a call from the TTC. I checked the TTC's news releases and never found an announcement on who won the contest. If there's an example of TTC "alienating its boosters", that's it right there.

Still, STILL! Though "technically" the right thing to do....it made me mad.
It makes me mad too. Difference is I blame the law books that requires this kind of anal protectionalism within companies.

Between searching for abuses and archiving the proof of the abuse and what the TTC did to fix it will probably cost on the order of $5k over the next 10 years.

As an aside, does Canada have the issue of "genericized trademarks" like in the United States?

:rollin @ jayomatic

Back