News   Mar 28, 2024
 373     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 277     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 310     0 

Allan Gardens Revitalization Plan

Are there any plans for George st just south of Allan Gardens? A few weeks back I walked through and couldn't believe it was in Toronto!

Possibly, as part of the (eventual) George Street Revitalization Project.

You can find more info here:
http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2015/ex/bgrd/backgroundfile-84498.pdf
upload_2016-4-14_17-54-43.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-4-14_17-54-43.png
    upload_2016-4-14_17-54-43.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,440
This still seems to be moving along (rather slowly)...

The Friends of Allan Gardens (FOAG) invite you to an open-house to discuss ideas about the future of our beloved park.
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 10am to 2pm.

The open house is part of FOAG’s Refresh initiative, and is proudly also a part of the Community Environment Day organized by the office of Councillor Kristyn Wong-Tam.

The Allan Gardens Refresh is a collaborative project between FOAG and the City of Toronto Parks Forestry & Recreation department. It aims to lay the groundwork for a holistic revitalization of Allan Gardens, bringing design excellence, new programming and new visitors to the park. This open house forms part of an ongoing consultation process that we are engaging in through the summer and fall months.

We will be set up in the Children’s Conservatory, and look forward to sharing our ideas with you and hearing what you think!

To learn more, please visit our website: www.friendsofallangardens.ca
Or email us at: info@friendsofallangardens.ca

Don't see how prohibiting dogs improves it any. Just excludes people.

If it needed to be said, allowing dogs excludes people. We allow dogs into our cities in exchange for dog owners being responsible. Unfortunately, many dog owners don't abide by those rules and let their dogs run around off leash. People who are scared of dogs should be able to go out the front door without worrying that they'll run into a dog.

I'm a dog lover but their are a huge number of irresponsible dog owners at Allan Gardens who think it's fine because their dog is 'cute and wouldn't hurt anyone'. People MUST come before dogs. I'm all in favour of a few dog free parks except many dog owners won't care and will bring their dogs any way. There will always be selfish inconsiderate rude people who do as they please.

If it needed to be said, allowing dogs excludes people. We allow dogs into our cities in exchange for dog owners being responsible. Unfortunately, many dog owners don't abide by those rules and let their dogs run around off leash. People who are scared of dogs should be able to go out the front door without worrying that they'll run into a dog.

I'm a dog lover but their are a huge number of irresponsible dog owners at Allan Gardens who think it's fine because their dog is 'cute and wouldn't hurt anyone'. People MUST come before dogs. I'm all in favour of a few dog free parks except many dog owners won't care and will bring their dogs any way. There will always be selfish inconsiderate rude people who do as they please.

I absolutely agree that numerous dog owners are irresponsible. Though so are many other park users - dog owners have no monopoly on being inconsiderate in the public realm (I say that as someone who almost got run down by two cyclists last night on a footpath in Withrow Park). It frustrates me when I see a dog running around off leash, in an off leash area, and the owner seems unconcerned, telling people "don't worry - he's friendly" as the dog bounds towards them. But the entirety of the discussion above was about the off-leash area, so not sure how any of this is relevant.

In the 10 year capital plan, what's currently funded are 'Artist Gardens' plan and construction; plus a washroom building. Both of those are for this year.

No other line items, currently.

Back