News   Apr 23, 2024
 128     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 353     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 982     0 

Afghanistan debate (Hillier, new troops)

Well I will suggest to you that it will be the policy after the Nov 4 election that America will leave both Afghanistan and Iraq shortly there after and do you imagine then that NATO will not follow shortly there after? Or even more ridiculous do you think it wise for Canada to remain without significant American help there?

Take note that an informed opinion does not always equate to a opinion that reflects the true reality.

Well I will suggest to you that it will be the policy after the Nov 4 election that America will leave both Afghanistan and Iraq shortly there after and do you imagine then that NATO will not follow shortly there after? Or even more ridiculous do you think it wise for Canada to remain without significant American help there?

Well, it's a nice suggestion, but as far as Afghanistan is concerned the candidates don't share it:

"Above all, I will send a clear message: we will not repeat the mistake of the past, when we turned our back on Afghanistan following Soviet withdrawal. As 9/11 showed us, the security of Afghanistan and America is shared. And today, that security is most threatened by the al Qaeda and Taliban sanctuary in the tribal regions of northwest Pakistan."--Obama
http://www.barackobama.com/2007/08/01/the_war_we_need_to_win.php

"Success in Iraq and Afghanistan is the establishment of peaceful, stable, prosperous, democratic states that pose no threat to neighbors and contribute to the defeat of terrorists."--McCain
http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/News/Speeches/872473dd-9ccb-4ab4-9d0d-ec54f0e7a497.htm

Don't think we need to include Hillary these days. So, do I go with your suggestion, or with the candidates?

Take note that an informed opinion does not always equate to a opinion that reflects the true reality.

I quite agree--in triplicate!

Do you honestly believe that these two men will decide based on their current politicing ? If you do I think that you are delusional. The American public will be the decider this time around, the circumstances in Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan will contribute to that decision. Hopefully the Iraqi and Afghan citizens will also have a role in the decision to end these wars in their countries as well.

So typical btw how so many people conclude the race is over for Hilliary prematurely because the media tells them it is. Do Come back in two days from now and we will see shall we? This race between the two democratic candidates is not over until the number of delegates has been achieved. But I am not surprised that you completely discount her opinions.........

The American public will decide? Decide what? Based on what? Sorry to say but the delusional one is the person who throws out post after post of opinions with nothing of substance behind them.

Anyway, it might not come in two days but rest assured I'll let you know when Clinton's time is officially up. We have to keep you informed cause if we don't do it who will? :D

The question was "do you always respond to your own posts?"

Are you capable of answering that question, or do you lack an informed answer here as well?

True reality!

So you have a grasp of true reality. Is this an informed opinion of yours?

lol keep putting words in my mouth, you do that often and in many of the other threads with the opinions of others that differ from yours.....
There is a difference you know between false realities created and true realities that surface once the truth is routed out and exposed.

Here are your words quoted from an earlier post of yours:

A "false reality" is not a reality. Get it?

Brian 69
Obviously you need everything spelled out for you......we were discussing the ending of both irrational wars.....
My opinion is based on what the average American feels towards the wars in both Iraq and Afghanistan and the domestic issues that will most certainly stop the flow of cash towards the war industry in America and elsewhere...... the economy is the #1 issue, not the war on terrorism, not world hunger even! and not what is being stated on CNN and Fox News by generals who in the near future will admit one by one what a failure their war plans were due to their moronic political leadership .....go read what people are saying, no, how bout you wait for the election!!!!!
As for your Hillary comment, several before her have went to convention with less delegates and walked away with the nomination so try not to believe everything the tawkin heads around you are pontificating and pay closer attention perhaps.....you can continue to write off what I have to say but it's not making me respect what you are saying more in case you think it is.
I refuse to rehash information that supports my opinion that has been out there for quite some time.

Brian 69
Obviously you need everything spelled out for you......we were discussing the ending of both irrational wars.....

I hate to be the little cloud of reality that breaks through your sunshine world, but we weren't discussing "both irrational wars." Nobody even mentioned Iraq until page 3 of this discussion when you brought it up in some bizarre attempt to link the two. I immediately separated them again. And now you are suddenly talking as if the two were linked from the beginning--now what kind of true reality would this be? But if you doubt me, please reread the thread. From. the. beginning. (you did mention spelling it out)

My opinion is based on what the average American feels towards the wars in both Iraq and Afghanistan and the domestic issues that will most certainly stop the flow of cash towards the war industry in America and elsewhere...... the economy is the #1 issue, not the war on terrorism, not world hunger even! and not what is being stated on CNN and Fox News by generals who in the near future will admit one by one what a failure their war plans were due to their moronic political leadership .....go read what people are saying, no, how bout you wait for the election!!!!!

You don't seem to want to wait for the election to make your conflated claims; why should I wait until the election to make statements backed up by the candidates themselves?

As for your Hillary comment, several before her have went to convention with less delegates and walked away with the nomination so try not to believe everything the tawkin heads around you are pontificating and pay closer attention perhaps.....

I think I hit a sore spot there. I noticed in another thread you are a fan of Ms. Clinton. Can't say I blame you; in another election I might have agreed. Nevertheless, Obama is in the lead, will have a majority of delegates on Tuesday (which should influence the superdelegates, who need a good reason to go against the flow) and time is running out, so you'll have to forgive me for making the egregious error that I believe he is much more likely to win.

you can continue to write off what I have to say but it's not making me respect what you are saying more in case you think it is.

I only wrote off what you said because you've made no effort to back it up. It's one opinion with lots of suggestions and opinions and feelings behind it--but that's it. At least when I present my side I'm making an effort to show it's not a party of one sharing my opinion. You're free to continue saying you don't believe my sources, the "tawkin heads" or anyone who doesn't agree with you. Apparently you think you succeed where the experts fail, use vague references to the "people" or the "public" and tell us the truth is out there. There's just not much of substance to hold onto, and that's why your argument (such as it is) is being written off.

And you don't have to respect my opinion even though I do generally understand and respect the alternate viewpoint that you hold. What I don't respect is your utter lack of effort in defending it.

I refuse to rehash information that supports my opinion that has been out there for quite some time.

In response I say...nah, can't be bothered. ;)

Back