News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.9K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 762     0 

Abode Lofts Condos (Urban Fabric Developments) - Real Estate -

kdub333

No I didn't buy there (Printing Factory). It's still at least 2 yrs from completion. I was hoping Abode would be done sooner since it's so much smaller but they won't break ground till this fall or next spring so it'll still be at least 18 mths away. I was willing to wait up to 1 yr but this seems too long for me. If you're still interested the guy on the phone said they'd release details in the next couple of weeks. The search continues.............

It does look like a nice development although small and named Abode, not Adobe. It is hard to imagine someone from overseas ending up on this website on this incorrectly spelled project.

launching soon I think

When does Adobo get launched?

I hear it's real hot.

Are you referring to the condo or the chicken?
Asked my real estate agent to give them a ring. Next few weeks is the word. Banner just went up on their page. $319,900 for 710 sq ft two storey unit. Whoa. That's a bit pricey. $450/sq foot for Carlaw and Queen from developers no one's heard of? Dunno if this sounds so great all of a sudden.

here is an email I've received from them:

We are responding to your interest in ABODE, authentic one and two storey Live / Work Lofts at Queen East and Carlaw.
We are presently booking appointments to the sales center at 344 Bloor St. West, Suite 508, west of Spadina. The sales centre will be open starting on August 11th and 12th from 12 until 6pm.

Call us at 416 966 8989 or email us so that we can set up an appointment.
If you would like more information on the project, please visit our website at www.myabodelofts.com

I believe that the cheapest unit they will have will be $194,900 for 533 s.f....

odd

Thanks Valves for the info.
Anyone find it odd that their sales centre is not remotely close to the area they are building the project? bloor-spadina is a far cry away from carlaw-queen.

Thanks Valves for the info.
Anyone find it odd that their sales centre is not remotely close to the area they are building the project? bloor-spadina is a far cry away from carlaw-queen.

It is not unusual for smaller projects not having the usual sales center on site. Those with flashy and much publicized grand opening sales.. like Printing Factory etc..., you will see the prices proportionally reflective of the promotional scale. What is important is the track record of the developer. Look at the past projects.

btw, someone asked in an previous post, the tentative occupancy date of the Abode is Nov 2008.

The operative word being "tentative."

most definitely. I may be wrong but I think it would be rare to find actual occupancy date same as the initial tentative one.

BTW, the sales center of the Abode, as it turns out, is the project architech/developer's own office... first week of sales of such a small project seems promising so far... 7 out of the 19 units (of 59 Colgate) are sold.... 53 Colgate seems to be slower...

Isn't this considered slow sales in this market?

... first week of sales of such a small project seems promising so far... 7 out of the 19 units (of 59 Colgate) are sold.... 53 Colgate seems to be slower...

Sounds like approx 1/3 sold then? Doesn't seem to be very fast seller considering the goldrush market.

I may be wrong but I think it would be rare to find actual occupancy date same as the initial tentative one.

If you buy after construction is well underway they can usually give you a pretty good target. Buying before financing or city approvals will almost always guarantee a move, assuming the building is actually built.

Back