1.7K     3 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     1 

Abode Lofts Condos (Urban Fabric Developments) - Real Estate -

kdub333

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I'm new to the board. I'd like to know everyone/anyone's opinion on the "booming" east side. I'm speaking of the area from DVP to Carlaw, along Queen st. There's a few new condo/lofts existing or just nearing completion and there seems to be quite a few more going up. Just recently, I was alerted of Abode Lofts. www.myabodelofts.com
No pics or renderings yet but the key sale point is volume of space which is quite interesting.
Does anyone have any words on this development in particular or comments on this area?

Hey kdub333, welcome to the forum!

If you want to start a thread to discuss a whole area of town, it should be in the Toronto Issues section.

If you want to discuss a specific development, then the thread is fine here, but should be named after it so that discussion is substantially limited to that project.

What would you like? We can move the thread or rename it.

rename

Thanks for the tip intechange42. Yeah, I noticed after posting that I should be more specific. I'd like to rename it as I'm more interested in the development.

Hi, I'm also hearing about the buzz in the "lower eastside" (as I once heard it referred as). Broadview Lofts is very impressive as the upcoming Corktown too. I would also be interested in hearing about views on this area and myabodelofts.

Huh! Two Newbies who with their first posts just want to talk about a certain project that none of us has heard of.

Of we go to the Real Estate section with this thread.

If it still sounds like a corny free ad a few posts from now, it'll get shut down.

not an ad

Really, I'm not advertising anything. I really do want to know the scoop on this development. I received an email notification to register for advanced viewing but haven't heard anything back. I'm interested cause of their plug on open space. If this is best suited for real estate section, that's fine. But I do want to know if anyone has any info.
I mentioned the area cause i find carlaw and queen a bit sketchy even with a couple of other developments going up.

Really, I'm not advertising anything. I really do want to know the scoop on this development.

You can always ask the developer for more information.

I'm interested in these lofts too...love the location. I saw their billboard when I was looking at the Printing Factory lofts.

Has anybody heard of Urban Fabric Developments Inc. (George Popper)? On their website they say they have worked on Castle Hill at Casa Loma, Annex on Brunswick and Alexandra gate.

How do you check to make sure they are on the up and up?

Oh btw I'm a first time condo buyer.

The My Abode floorplans and a few new renderings on their website now and I'm not too sure what to make of it. Not knowing too much about the developers - I'm not sure if the final product will look better or worse than the renderings. Would really appreciate other people's views on this and the neighbourhood.

It's a bit difficult for me as I'm not living in Toronto at the moment - I moved from Toronto to work overseas for a few years and plan to buy a new development this year so that it will be ready in a couple of years when I move back to Toronto. I'm a first time home-buyer as well. Any tips, opinions and feedback would help. Thanks...

Checked the Website

Well, the website is up so at least I can see floorplans. Renderings are a bit weak and can't tell much from them. I checked the neighborhood again. It is a bit seedy in the immediate area but what I didn't notice before that there are a bunch of not bad looking townhouses just a block northwest. So not all that bad.
I tried contacting the sales office a week ago as Hydrogen suggested to find out more info and also the release date but no one was answering. Will try again this week.
But the reason I was asking the opinion of the forum instead of the sales office is because I wanted to know if anyone has an inside scoop on this project or the developers.
But it's good to know at least there's company being in the dark.

Advice

It's a bit difficult for me as I'm not living in Toronto at the moment... I'm a first time home-buyer as well. Any tips, opinions and feedback would help. Thanks...

Hey 4N-eyes, hopefully you have someone in Toronto who can do the groundwork investigation for you and go to previews. The way developments are popping up, it's tough to keep track and alot of units are selling first day so you may not be able to take a look at the layouts before they're gone. Of course, this is all part of new development feeding frenzy that alot of sales offices artifically stimulate, but it works and the good units do go fast.

Another option is NOT to buy anything. The way units are going up, I'm sure there will be lots of resales to consider when you return.

First time buyer: Already bought?

I'm interested in these lofts too...love the location. I saw their billboard when I was looking at the Printing Factory lofts.
Oh btw I'm a first time condo buyer.

DexterDan, did you buy at Printing Factory Lofts?

Back