88 Scott St. (Concert Properties) - Real Estate -

Hey. A broker client of my fathers has access to the info and has sent it to us. Pricing is roughly 650/sf for reasonaly sized units. I've PMd you his contact info.

Happy to provide his info to anyone else interested as well.

i got a list of 6 units floorplans and pricing was mostly $700-750 psf, with the exception of 1 unit in the 5s podium facing W directly into the alley way at $500 psf.

Saw some suite layouts. Not that impressed with them. The Berczy had some better arrangements. The amenities though are quite good.

funny you should say that ... i felt differently/
of the plans i have, none of the 1 bedroom plans are window less and the layouts for the others (2 bed ~ 1,300 sq ft) aren't bad either.
there is a 735 sqft 2 bedroom NE corner unit in the Signature collection I feel could have been laidout better, which sadly has 3 pillars.

Last edited:
What do you guys think about the podium units facing east to Scott st? they will have 12 ft ceilings, no outdoor space. One plus den unit with 800 sq ft for $435k, which is aprox $543 per sq ft

What do you guys think about the podium units facing east to Scott st? they will have 12 ft ceilings, no outdoor space. One plus den unit with 800 sq ft for $435k, which is aprox $543 per sq ft

Need more info:

What floor? Even better would be where in the floor plate would the unit be? I think 12 ft ceilings is a good enough trade off for no balcony (which would probbably be like 50 sq ft and not used 6 months a year). However, how much like is coming into the unit matters though, so where it is situated is important. Do you have a link online for the floor plan?

Concerns I have with 1+dens are that often they are better off as either a larger 1 bed or a smaller 2 bed, depending on sq ft. In this case if it's 800 sq ft it's a shame they didn't configure it as a 2 bed. All is not lost though if they have arranged it like Great Gulf did with The Hudson: many of their 1+dens have 2 full baths and the dens can pass for a smaller 2 bedroom. So with that said, with this particular unit:

Are there two full baths?

Can the den be used as a second (tiny) bedroom is it more like a nook?

In terms of straight dollars and cents $543 PSF sounds great for new pre con especially at 88 Scott which is IMO the most ideal location we've seen for a new build in quite some time: Berzcy Park/St Lawrence, King Subway, steps to financial district, Eaton Centre, waterfront, Ryerson/George Brown...not far from the action on King W, I could go on...

Last edited:
When you break it down via per sq ft it comes in at $643, which doesn't seem bad, but yeah, at $515K seems ridiculous! Again, yet another example of at 800 sq ft, I'd rather have a smaller 2 bed unit, a 1 den is such a waste (especially with only one washroom and no balcony).

When you break it down via per sq ft it comes in at $643, which doesn't seem bad, but yeah, at $515K seems ridiculous! Again, yet another example of at 800 sq ft, I'd rather have a smaller 2 bed unit, a 1 den is such a waste (especially with only one washroom and no balcony).

+1 ... at half a million dollars, for what you're getting, the whole value proposition thing is seriously undermined

Guys, don't get too caught up with price per square foot calculations. I see too many people making this mistake. The trend in Toronto is going in the direction of smaller units (meaning higher price/sq ft). However, the absolute dollar value is more important. For example, a 2Br, 2Bath 700sq ft unit priced at $400,000 ($571 per square foot) is of much greater value than a 1Br+D, 1Bath 800 sq.ft priced at $400,000 ($500 per square ft); all other things being equal. The 1Br+D is a classic case of "excess land" (or square footage) whose utility cannot be recovered as it will not sell at the price per square foot value ($571) of the 2 bedroom 2 bath unit.

I see many people complaining about the size of pre-constuction units (2bedrooms at 650 square feet etc), but from an investment perspective, they make much more sense than a one plus den at the same size. I can for example rent this unit for 1800/mth (which is cheap for a 2bedroom in downtown toronto) and thus would be no problem renting. A one Br+D at the same price would have more difficulty renting. The two bedroom would have better appreciation potential also.

Last edited:
Guys, don't get too caught up with price per square foot calculations. I see too many people making this mistake. The trend in Toronto is going in the direction of smaller units (meaning higher price/sq ft). However, the absolute dollar value is more important. For example, a 2Br, 2Bath 700sq ft unit priced at $400,000 ($571 per square foot) is of much greater value than a 1Br+D, 1Bath 800 sq.ft priced at $400,000 ($500 per square ft). The 1Br+D is a classic case of "excess land" (or square footage) whose utility cannot be recovered as it will not sell at the price per square foot value ($571) of the 2 bedroom 2 bath unit.

I see many people complaining about the size of pre-constuction units (2bedrooms at 650 square feet etc), but from an investment perspective, they make much more sense than a one plus den at the same size. I can for example rent this unit for 1800/mth (which is cheap for a 2bedroom in downtown toronto) and thus would be no problem renting. A one Br+D at the same price would have more difficulty renting. The two bedroom would have better appreciation potential also.

i partially agree.

i think it all depends on what classifies as the 'den'. if it's the size of a bedroom (at least 9' x 9' these days ) and has/can have sliding glass doors like most new pre-con projects with interior bedrooms, then it could be used as such.

i've seen many 1 + 1 units marketed by realtors as possible 2 bedrooms units.

also, IMO, 700 sq ft unit does not need 2 baths.

88 Scott is launching to the public in about a week. If you are interested in buying a unit here prior to the public opening, PM me or hit me up at http://www.truecondos.com/88-scott/

I have been very impressed with this project and the developer is doing everything 'the right way'. This is a Vancouver based developer that is sort of known as the "Tridel of the West". The quality of the finishings and the attention to detail in this project are second to none. With so many developers cutting corners, it's really refreshing to see a developer who is willing to go the extra mile to make sure they are building something that will look great in 5,10,15 years from now.

88 Scott is launching to the public in about a week. If you are interested in buying a unit here prior to the public opening, PM me or hit me up at http://www.truecondos.com/88-scott/

I have been very impressed with this project and the developer is doing everything 'the right way'. This is a Vancouver based developer that is sort of known as the "Tridel of the West". The quality of the finishings and the attention to detail in this project are second to none. With so many developers cutting corners, it's really refreshing to see a developer who is willing to go the extra mile to make sure they are building something that will look great in 5,10,15 years from now.

And despite all that, they've still managed to slather the design in spandrel glass. It makes me fear what them cutting corners would have looked like.

I really like the interiors and finishes.
It's so refreshing to see a developer using a design firm like Union 31 rather than the usual go-to condo interior designers like Cicconi Simone.

I really like the interiors and finishes.
It's so refreshing to see a developer using a design firm like Union 31 rather than the usual go-to condo interior designers like Cicconi Simone.

how did you guys get in?

their website says 'OPENING JUNE 16, 2012'

Sales Centre & Display Suite
Ground Floor, 100 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON

cecconi simone are so passe - almost every one of their projects look identical circa 1995-2005

Last edited:

Back