News   Apr 22, 2024
 777     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 260     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 665     0 

77 King Street (TD Centre) Revitalization

95 Wellington West, the PoMo Non-TD Centre part of the TD Centre, is also getting a facelift. Is it going t look the same when done? No time to dig for that right now…

DSC00318.jpg
DSC00319.jpg

I hope they redo the drip edge/flashing of the banking pavilion's green roof. It's very sloppy compared to the Miesian precision of the rest of the building.

I recently moved to a firm in the area. I have a view of the TD Centre, particularly 77 King Street West. I always assumed that the TD Centre's towers are black, but they seem to be
a faded charcoal. Here's a photo:

Are they supposed to look that way, or has the black paint faded to grey? True black along the lines of the part of the facade in shadow would look better.

They look jet black in other recent photos that I have seen. I’m not sure why they look so faded in your photo.

That's what I see everyday through my windows. If you look closely, they don't even look jet black in the photos on their official website. I think that because the complex is typically seen from King and Bay, it looks darker than it really is. The towers block out a lot of sunlight. It's only when you see the sun shining directly on them that the true colour is more noticeable. Also, there aren't many dark grey/charcoal/black towers around them, so there aren't many points of comparison, either.

Back