Toronto 70 Wicksteed | 21.18m | 2s | SmartCentres | Turner Fleischer

From Toronto's foremost journalists............ahem...

New Zoning App as at February 24th, 2021:

From the Planning Rationale Report:

1617732027714.png

1617732076975.png

1617732116364.png

1617732197764.png

The proposed Building A of the development includes a total of 255 parking spaces, the majority of which are located underground. The majority of thesurface parking for the Building A development will be screened below the stilted second floorbuilding portion in an effort to minimize inefficient use of land resources for parking and better facilitating pedestrian movement.

From The Architecture Plans:

1617732465710.png

Demolition Permit issued for one of the remaining buildings here:

1637244878956.png

Can confirm from yesterday that Lake Leaside is no more.......extensive soil movement by crews and equipment on-site. (no pic, as I was driving)

AIC still has this one as 'under review'. No Final Report that I can see.

Hmmm, not sure this is the right thread for this, but I thought I'd put it here and see if anyone at UT wants to sleuth this out.

According to the Lobbyist Registry Amir Remtulla has been hired by Leaside Shopping Centres Limited (SmartCentre Reit) to lobby on the development of 73 Wicksteed.

So, here's my first problem, I can't find any version of the City's mapping software that believes there is such an address!

If there were, it would logically be on the southside of Wicksteed, at the existing plaza, owned by Smart Centre, that contains Home Depot, Sobeys and LCBO amongst others.

However, given that Smart Centre also controls the site that is the subject of this thread, for which there is an active planning application, one that has been stalled for a very long time,
I'm inclined to wonder if the address is a typo.

Thoughts, UT'ers?

Last edited:
70 Wicksteed isn’t stalled. It will be a Canadian Tire as planned. Final design is pretty much complete. Given that most of the store will be along Vanderhoof, I assume this could be in relation to some of the remaining land on Wicksteed?

Back