News   May 15, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 995     1 

650 Bay St Boutique Hotel Redevelopment (Lanterra, ?s, ?)

Please tell me that the rest of the white paint is going to be stripped off...

Please tell me that the rest of the white paint is going to be stripped off...

If not, we should hold a peeling party to do it, as that is hard on the eyes now.

When I saw the for lease sign in the window about a week or so ago, I thought it bit the dust as it was not going to fly as plan.

If the owner ties into the properties beside them, good investment return down the road for them.

At least on the street walls, stripping the white paint is redundant; they're recladding w/limestone--a result of the brick being in such awful condition in the first place. (And as a "devaluing" of the property from a heritage standpoint, it'd probably make it an easier bet for future redevelopment. Note that I'm saying that neutrally, rather than negative-judgmentally.)

Hey, the MS Paint in Windows 7 is actually pretty advanced; huge technological leap from the previous versions. Still, what an embarrassing "rendering".

Still, what an embarrassing "rendering".

It certainly is comically amateurish, but it has a certain charm to it. Obviously this isn't the slick marketing machine of a multimillion dollar condo development we're dealing with here... I'm imagining somebody's nephew slaving away at the computer for hours putting that image together. So I wasn't being entirely sarcastic. :->

The rendering is hand drawn... Yes, there isn't a multimillion dollar marketing machine behind this project and we're trying to make as much information available as possible.

Hope it gives you an idea of what the building would look like.

July 14
The paint party has been cancel due to the fact the building is being tile. Not a good site.
5939371566_c8dcb84b7e_b.jpg

5939371106_b6e2b0d1d2_b.jpg

5939370688_c4eb640aed_b.jpg

This is right beside my office, and I walk by it almost every day. This cover up job looks horrendous.

Last edited:
the tiles are obviously dirty from tile mortar, etc but the tiles look like they were purchased in bulk from HD or the like.

let's hope the final product looks substantially better

Back