News   May 01, 2024
 256     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 329     0 
News   Apr 30, 2024
 1.5K     0 

650 Bay St Boutique Hotel Redevelopment (Lanterra, ?s, ?)

I walk by that eyesore on my way to work... They stopped removing the paint off the brick. Then they removed the old windows, and yesterday I noticed that they installed new ones. That's surprising considering the sorry state of the building... not promising at this point.

Wondering whether "Boutique Hotel" is a euphemism, or whether we're looking for a gross new cladding next...

650baya.jpg

650bayb.jpg

It's a cute little building, rundown to be sure but props to whoever is taking this challenging project on. If they manage to get that paint off and restore the roofline that would be quite a feat.

Look like it's got some potential. That bannister looks nice. A little TLC and it could look like:

fronthall.jpg

Stylistically, it looks similar to the old Empress Hotel. So, upon restoration, it could look something like this:

20100807musicworld.jpg

Agreed... and sandblasting the brick here looks like it would remove the brick... and not necessarily the paint. I expect that paint will be there forever.

Agreed... and sandblasting the brick here looks like it would remove the brick... and not necessarily the paint. I expect that paint will be there forever.

i dont think the brick would stand a chance with sandblasting.
maybe they have plans to just re-clad or rebrick it, or horror of horrors .... stucco !?!

Back