News   Apr 25, 2024
 393     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

60 Bloor West Re-cladding (Morguard, 14s, B+H)

I think the whole point of recladding is to make the building new and contemporary and appeal to the tenants' basic taste. They wouldn't keep the original design.

The point is generally to replace aging cladding for energy efficiency and occupant comfort reasons. Aesthetics aren't usually the priority.

Anyone know if they'll reclad 2 Bloor West too?

I suspect they probably will. I'm assuming that it'll need to happen once CIBC leaves for CIBC Square and a new anchor tenant needs to be found.

It'll be hard for 2 Bloor West to compete among all of Toronto's new and upcoming high quality office space without major modernization going on.

Although at this point it may look like they're only going to re-do the bottom few floors, I talked to a supervisor on site today and he confirmed they will be doing the entire building.

Here's a quote from Morguard on the 60 Bloor website;

Morguard is transforming 60 Bloor Street West to a LEED Gold, Class A office building with a sparkling new exterior facade. The program includes a lobby renovations, a new exterior facade with canopies at the grade level, modernized elevators, and upgraded mechanical systems that will enhance tenant comfort and air quality in the building. As part of our commitment to sustainability, construction is Bullfrog Powered with 100% clean, renewable energy. www.morguard.com

This is the only pic I could find on their site.

View attachment 151899
Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 10.40.20 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 10.40.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 10.40.20 AM.png
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,611
Anyone know if they'll reclad 2 Bloor West too?

I've always admired that 1970s design, so I hope they stick to the original design if they decide to reclad it.

I suspect they probably will. I'm assuming that it'll need to happen once CIBC leaves for CIBC Square and a new anchor tenant needs to be found.

It'll be hard for 2 Bloor West to compete among all of Toronto's new and upcoming high quality office space without major modernization going on.

It could happen but it's owned by Kingsett and Greystone and managed by Triovest so it would have nothing to do with this property or this application.

I really like this re-cladding/renovation work, let's hope for good quality exteriors.

I'm not a fan of the 70's architecture.

Do we know what the end resolution will look like? Is this gong to be just like the towers on adilaide? All blue glass? I don’t mind that but it is a bit boring. Nice but blah

This is the picture on the header of the project website

60Boor_R4_Frit_Tower_crop.png

Back