News   Apr 18, 2024
 709     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 6.4K     2 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.5K     4 

60 Bloor West Re-cladding (Morguard, 14s, B+H)

androiduk

Member Bio
Reaction score
Couldn't find any info on this but a construction worker said they're re-cladding the building.

60BloorW.jpg

Attachments

• 60BloorW.jpg
    60BloorW.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 4,855
Last edited by a moderator:
So another Manulife, Atrium, 401 Bay etc?
At this point, I think that's what we should be expecting. Based on what we've been seeing lately everywhere in this city, I have no hope for this tower.

It seems like the new trend is that every office tower built in the 70's and before is going to receive some kind of garbage re-clad. Unfortunately the area around Bay and Bloor is ripe for this.

Heaven forbid anything look like it's from a time other than right now. Not that this building's a gem by any means, but it's gonna make for a bland cityscape, having everything re-clad in the same glass.

Although at this point it may look like they're only going to re-do the bottom few floors, I talked to a supervisor on site today and he confirmed they will be doing the entire building.

Here's a quote from Morguard on the 60 Bloor website;

Morguard is transforming 60 Bloor Street West to a LEED Gold, Class A office building with a sparkling new exterior facade. The program includes a lobby renovations, a new exterior facade with canopies at the grade level, modernized elevators, and upgraded mechanical systems that will enhance tenant comfort and air quality in the building. As part of our commitment to sustainability, construction is Bullfrog Powered with 100% clean, renewable energy. www.morguard.com

This is the only pic I could find on their site.

60bloor.JPG

Attachments

• 60bloor.JPG
    60bloor.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 3,164
Well of course it's going to be good design if it's "sparkling"!

The march of monotonous curtainwall reclad projects continues forward... :(

I've always admired that 1970s design, so I hope they stick to the original design if they decide to reclad it.

I think the whole point of recladding is to make the building new and contemporary and appeal to the tenants' basic taste. They wouldn't keep the original design.

Back