500 Sherbourne Condos (Times Group Corporation) - Real Estate -

Just curious who did you speak to regarding changing blinds & voiding warranty? I'm pretty sure if you only change that one panel, only that panel will not be covered under the warranty & the rest of the unit shouldn't be affected.

I wonder if you can ask Sia who is the contractor & find out if they have the black out ones that they can install.

I spoke to Athena and she gave me the name of a blind company. You can add another blind to make the room dark. That's what I am going to try to do.
Thanks for the info on Tarion. It makes more sense than what I was told.

Have you seen the new elevator? It's very nice.
Unfortunately, its already scratched up by construction workers (most likely)!
Its a shame. Hopefully they won't uncover any others until the work is completed.

Which brings us back to the question: "Who's PDI's the common areas?"

I spoke to Athena and she gave me the name of a blind company. You can add another blind to make the room dark. That's what I am going to try to do.
Thanks for the info on Tarion. It makes more sense than what I was told.

Glad you can get something done to the blinds.

We wanted to paint the walls ourselves & also do some work on the ceiling so we went to ask Kyle about warranty. He said any work you do will void that particular "item" but it doesn't affect the rest. I've since had them fix one electrical point cos the fuse blew. Infact they fixed it the same day I called in. They didn't question if we removed the face-plate while we are painting or even suggested that we may have caused it while we are painting.

Question, have any defficiencies on your PDI been fixed yet?

I haven't had one thing fixed.....very minor deffiiciencies but still...

EDIT:
So I went snooping around a bit today. Should have brought my camera.

The lounge/bar on the main floor looks like it's done or close. I think it just needs some accessories right now...the couches, chairs, tables,etc... are pretty nice the space just looks empty. I like the bar chairs and the bar is nice. It's weird because I never saw any plumbing beforehand when they were building it but there's a nice square sink in there with a firdge/cooler. Are people actually going to hang out there with their own booze? I can see a potential isssue there. Anyone know what the bar countertop is made of? Is that quartz?

Also, checked out the 2nd floor. Gym is really close to being done. A lot of heavy duty equipment in there which is nice. there's a lot of rooms that I have no idea what they're for lol. The lounge has some furniture in it...I'm sure more is arriving...can't really judge yet. Very large space. Nice little kitchen there too. Walked in the gym(men's) washroom...very large..maybe 70% finished.

Checked out the guest suites. The smaller of the two is tiny even by hotel standards. Overall, a very nice 2nd floor amenities cluster. Couldn't get into the billiards room.

I'm thinking the amenities are a couple months away.

Also went by the 5th floor rooftop deck. There's a nice little kitchen/washroom before you walk out to the terrace. A pleasant surprise. The interlocking brick has been laid but that's pretty much it. No bbq's yet. I figure this thing is a 1-2 months away.

They've also started back with the lofthouse construction. A lot has been done. Much of the drywall is now up. I think those who bought the lofts are going to be happy with their purchase.

Overall a really nice building.

we had our PDI Wednesday, a few things need doing, has anyones been fixed yet? think they rushed finishing ours. 26th floor. by the way, does anyone else floor trim not line up with bathroom entrance? ours is a about 3 inches from the frame of the bathroom door.! doesn't look finished properly.

We're in 2 weeks now and still waiting on some things for them to do. Just keep after them. When I see Kyle I remind him or send him emails. I think they hope you forget or stop asking. Don't forget to send in the 30 day Tarion Form if you want anything done including PDI items. It states 30 Days not one more or less. A lot of people forget to send it in. I am still finding things that I didn't notice before.

we had our PDI Wednesday, a few things need doing, has anyones been fixed yet? think they rushed finishing ours. 26th floor. by the way, does anyone else floor trim not line up with bathroom entrance? ours is a about 3 inches from the frame of the bathroom door.! doesn't look finished properly.

Are you talking about the baseboards? Mine don't go up to the closets in hallway, they come short. Looks odd but not too noticeable.

Are you talking about the baseboards? Mine don't go up to the closets in hallway, they come short. Looks odd but not too noticeable.

didn't notice about baseboards, I am sure we will notice other things when we get in again.I mean the trim that joins the tile floor in the bathroom and the laminate in the hallway, I will take a pic when we get in again, maybe I am just being picky, but it looks weird to us. get the keys a week Tuesday.

Not sure where they got those light fixtures. We went shopping for lights/lamps pass weekend & Union Lighting at Castlefield road (north of Eglinton / East of Keele) has a huge collection. They have a website where you can see quite a good selection and there are more on the floor.

Another "smallish" shop we went to is Morba on Queen x Bathurst.

I think they are using AutoShare. I can't wait for autoshare to put a car there. According to Bryan, the parking spot is ready for them now.

fyi, saw some very similar light fixtures to the ones in the party room at Living Lighting today, only $1200 lol. we decided on some we liked at Structube instead.

I've ordered our floor lamps from Morba & it had arrived last Friday. We wanted to pick it up over the weekend but the shop is located on Queen near Bathurst, U can just imagine getting there & out.

We'll have to wait till this weekend... can't wait...

BTW, this is what we ordered (thought you may like to know... actually the truth is, I'm dying to share wtih everyone my purchase!)
http://www.pablodesigns.com/ambient/elise/p01/views.html

I've ordered our floor lamps from Morba & it had arrived last Friday. We wanted to pick it up over the weekend but the shop is located on Queen near Bathurst, U can just imagine getting there & out.

We'll have to wait till this weekend... can't wait...

BTW, this is what we ordered (thought you may like to know... actually the truth is, I'm dying to share wtih everyone my purchase!)
http://www.pablodesigns.com/ambient/elise/p01/views.html

Nice lamps Shelfun, I went to Morba today, funny I have lived here a long time, but never went to that area to shop, loved Urban Barn and BLVD too. Will have to wait until we are in and then go back to shop some more. funny seeing the old Big Bop, used to go once in a while back in the day lol.

Nice lamps Shelfun, I went to Morba today, funny I have lived here a long time, but never went to that area to shop, loved Urban Barn and BLVD too. Will have to wait until we are in and then go back to shop some more. funny seeing the old Big Bop, used to go once in a while back in the day lol.

Thank you Legin.
There are quite a few furniture shops along that stretch. Did you get a chance to go into Urban Mode? They have some really nice stuff. They can do some custom pieces too. Anyway, good luck with shopping. Do let me know if you find any interesting shops. We still need to get coffee/side table. A storage/bench for the front foyer. Maybe a media console too.

Back