500 Sherbourne Condos (Times Group Corporation) - Real Estate -

What are the implications for those who have already purchased here?

I don't think there are any (ofcourse I'm just speculating here). They are chopping up the units in the small loft building. They won't be touching the units in the tower.

how can they reduce parking? The garage is already built, the parking spaces have been assigned to their respective owners/users.

I picked up my keys on Saturday and parked in visitor parking. I counted the number of visitor spots, can't remember the exact number but around 15-20. For a building with 350 units, thats alot of visitor spots. I was only expecting 5 or so. Anyway, the building is looking great!

I picked up my keys on Saturday and parked in visitor parking. I counted the number of visitor spots, can't remember the exact number but around 15-20. For a building with 350 units, thats alot of visitor spots. I was only expecting 5 or so. Anyway, the building is looking great!

It's funny because I was visiting a friend who lives in one of the Concorde buildings by Don Mills and Eglinton. The building has 2 towers and 150 visitor spots. Amazing, huh? That was before all the greed took over. It's a lovely building too.

I believe Concorde built City Place where I'm staying right now. Its an awful building with terrible finishes. In additon, 4 high rise buildings share 30 visitor spots.

I believe Concorde built City Place where I'm staying right now. Its an awful building with terrible finishes. In additon, 4 high rise buildings share 30 visitor spots.

no no...I'm not talking about Concorde the builder. There are 2 towers called Concorde Place at DVP and Eglinton.

Here's a picture:
C1770972_1.jpg

Sorry Jaybee, I know the buildings you are talking about. I grew up in the area. I think the buildings were built in the late 80's or early 90's. Probably very spacious units instead of the 500 sf 1 bd they build today.

OT question... I'm curious to know if there's a "furniture district" like the "Entertainment district" on King & "Fashion district" on Queen. I would like to do some window shopping for furniture but don't know where to start. If there's any particular store(s) that sells contemporary style furniture please make your recommendation. TIA...

depends on your budget. Try King East (east of jarvis). EQ3 is one off the top of my head. Lots of other furniture stores right around there and all within walking distance. Casa Life (I think its called in Liberty Village near the Brazen Head. Lots of nice furniture for condos. Queen West Bathurst and Strachan had nice shops (some very pricey....good quality). Don't remember the name its located on the south side and you will notice it from the street. I hope that helps.

depends on your budget. Try King East (east of jarvis). EQ3 is one off the top of my head. Lots of other furniture stores right around there and all within walking distance. Casa Life (I think its called in Liberty Village near the Brazen Head. Lots of nice furniture for condos. Queen West Bathurst and Strachan had nice shops (some very pricey....good quality). Don't remember the name its located on the south side and you will notice it from the street. I hope that helps.

Great. Thanks for the directions. Will definitely check them out. At this point we are just window shopping, getting ideas, see what we like & sus out the price range.

I think EQ3 is grossly overpriced for the quality. Might as well go to ikea...

Here are some places:
www.stylegarage.com - Queen West (my fave)
www.casalife.com - Liberty Village
www.urbanmode.com - Queen West
www.blvdinteriors.com - Queen West
www.westelm.com - Liberty Village
www.structube.com - number of locations
Visitor Parking
Roomy Interiors
Grange
InDesign

There's King Street East of Jarvis (many stores). Then there's Queen Street West of Bathrust (not as many stores as KingEast, but enogjuh).

But what will happen with the actual space allocated for visitor parking? They just won't paint lines on it? And it will be empty? I still don't understand.

But what will happen with the actual space allocated for visitor parking? They just won't paint lines on it? And it will be empty? I still don't understand.

That visitor parking will now become unit parking. Builders do this all the time.

Back