News   Oct 04, 2024
 1.9K     0 
News   Oct 04, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Oct 04, 2024
 3.7K     4 

49 Bathurst Street (?, ?s, ?)

@LS1 You could consider phoning/emailing the Parks Planner responsible for the revitalization of this park; while it is possible she would not know (she won't be directly handling the real estate acquisition, if that has happened).......it
seems more likely than not.

Lara Herald
Senior Project Coordinator
Telephone: 416-394-5723
Email: Lara.Herald@toronto.ca

Project page is here:

Its more than likely the Councillor's office would also know.

Update - I learned that Council has instructed staff to "advance options for Provincial financing and/or other financial contributions to acquire property to expand Victoria Memorial Square park related to Transit Oriented Communities proposals at King-Bathurst and Queen-Spadina, which could also include unlocking the value of nearby City-owned properties and making City-building investments in local community services and facilities in parallel, and if required, to report back to City Council by July 2022 on any options that may require specific Council authorization"

Further I understand that this loan transaction is being fast tracked - all sounds positive unless someone scoops it out from under the city. There is other language in that council document about that possibility.

Update - I learned that Council has instructed staff to "advance options for Provincial financing and/or other financial contributions to acquire property to expand Victoria Memorial Square park related to Transit Oriented Communities proposals at King-Bathurst and Queen-Spadina, which could also include unlocking the value of nearby City-owned properties and making City-building investments in local community services and facilities in parallel, and if required, to report back to City Council by July 2022 on any options that may require specific Council authorization"

Further I understand that this loan transaction is being fast tracked - all sounds positive unless someone scoops it out from under the city. There is other language in that council document about that possibility.

Outstanding sleuthing! Thanks for that!

Very promising.

Also heard about the park expansion rumours from residents around victoria memorial square and came here to see if there is any truth it. Any updates?

Also heard about the park expansion rumours from residents around victoria memorial square and came here to see if there is any truth it. Any updates?

Try contacting the Councillor's office; and or the Parks Planner for this park, whose contact info is provided above in post #17 in this thread. Then report back and tell us!

Back