News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.6K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 536     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 

35 Walmer (rental, 8s, Roberts & Caunter)

It used to a be parking lot.I think it is rental also...very small units...I think three story underground parking...

Yeah it certainly is! thankyou! umm..... is there a way to ... "when two become one..."

It's a "luxury" rental building, judging by the photos I took today:

DSC02655.jpg

Good to see this one moving along (rather than being demolished) I guess they found a solution to their rumoured structural deficiencies.

I hate townhouses on main streets. This builidng could have easily supported something better at the base.

I wouldn't call Spadina Road a main street eventhough it's wide enough to be a main street

That whole stretch of Spadina north of Bloor is essentially fronted by detached/semi-detached homes and apartment buildings, so I wouldn't call this a wasted opportunity. If anything, I think this type of infill is an excellent model we should be following to fill-in the wasted expanse surrounding our ubiquitous "towers in the park". For example, the western stretch of Church St. just south of Charles would certainly benefit from a development like this (with some retail space at street-level).

edit: oops - looks like my ideas aren't so astute and novel after all, since urbandreamer beat me to the punch a while ago.

Last edited:
I find Spadina unique in that at some points it is a major thoroughfare, while at others, its seems like a quaint sub-urban street. It has a lot of different faces.

Spadina Road was once a affluent residential street with mansions and such. It's now a busy traffic throughfare which generally is why most of the houses on the street are in general rough shape or are used as rooming houses. Nothing wrong with that of course but it means the nature of the street has changed, and continuing with the old morphology of residential at grade is problematic at best. It doesn't help that they've not provided enough of a grade change--no steps to the front door--so that all those front rooms will be permanently sealed with opaque blinds. Sure to make those townhomes undesireable to live.

Back