News   Aug 13, 2024
 426     1 
News   Aug 13, 2024
 1.6K     3 
News   Aug 13, 2024
 539     0 

226 Queen St W at McCaul St (5s) DEAD

Boy, that yellow brick building reminds me of the SE corner of Bloor + Yonge...

2242973836_b399be79ed_o.jpg

Its not bad at all. Its not really engaging, but at the same time its not at all pretentious or offensive - just more gray infill.

I agree, Queen West is rapidly becoming Yorkville Jr.

Pretty cool. Yeah, this doesn't look bad. Good "Avenue" style development, but I hope they don't just rent the bottom out to a chain.

When I was walking to my last job interview, there was a freak thunderstorm and I ended up buying an umbrella from that convenience store. Not only did I land myself the job, I also scored an umbrella which I still use today. I'm kinda sad to see it go.

It looks very institutional to me. It's ok, just not very exciting. But given that it's a mix of office, retail and residential, I give it the benefit of the doubt.

It's so much like the previous building in that it's clean and modern, but not that distinctive. Fortunately, it appears to be of a higher quality with large windows and an appropriately modest increase in height. So, it's an improvement.

Clean lines and well-proportioned. And no pippypoo's either.

Pretty cool. Yeah, this doesn't look bad. Good "Avenue" style development, but I hope they don't just rent the bottom out to a chain.
Adam Vaughan's monthly e-letter suggests they are in talks with a single retailer for that space, which probably means chain, but not necessarily.

Back