215 Lake Shore East (Greenland) - Real Estate -

Honestly I just want transparency and updated timeline for when the project will start. They've been radio silent for over a year and a half - what kind of builder does that?
A Chinese developer propped up by a state government that overextended itself and is now floundering but cares about its image and as such would rather say nothing than admit they're in trouble.

A Chinese developer propped up by a state government that overextended itself and is now floundering but cares about its image and as such would rather say nothing than admit they're in trouble.
I dunno...leaving an eyesore of an excavated hole in the ground in prime real estate development is not really flattering to one's "image" to put it mildly. They should sell this off to entities who'll get this job done instead, IMO.

I dunno...leaving an eyesore of an excavated hole in the ground in prime real estate development is not really flattering to one's "image" to put it mildly. They should sell this off to entities who'll get this job done instead, IMO.
It's moreso a cultural thing from my experience. They couldn't care less about how a random hole in the ground halfway around the world looks so long as they don't have to admit that as a business they're in trouble.

I had times where I went to a store and would ask if they had something in a different colour or size and they'd say yes, and that they'd go to the back and grab it and then simply never come back. Of course this isnt true of all Chinese or Asian businesses but it's definitely something that wasnt uncommon to experience. They'd rather not tell you they don't have something, or turn you away, but have no problem with the optics of simply leaving you waiting indefinitely.

The notorious Bay Street stump lasted for years before anything was done about it. Few people in the city are going to get their knickers in a knot over a hole in the ground... even one that threatens to linger for quite some time.

It's moreso a cultural thing from my experience. They couldn't care less about how a random hole in the ground halfway around the world looks so long as they don't have to admit that as a business they're in trouble.

I had times where I went to a store and would ask if they had something in a different colour or size and they'd say yes, and that they'd go to the back and grab it and then simply never come back. Of course this isnt true of all Chinese or Asian businesses but it's definitely something that wasnt uncommon to experience. They'd rather not tell you they don't have something, or turn you away, but have no problem with the optics of simply leaving you waiting indefinitely.
While I get that, but I suspect the culture of our public eye would suggest there's egg being served on face while this hole remains...

...speaking of which.

The notorious Bay Street stump lasted for years before anything was done about it. Few people in the city are going to get their knickers in a knot over a hole in the ground... even one that threatens to linger for quite some time.
You think so? I suspect it's more like folks suppressing the fact that their knickers are in knot about that because there's was nothing that could be done about it. None of less, I think most would reasonably agree it was still an eyesore. And thankfully it's now gone.

...but holes left in the ground are uglier though, IMO.

I don't know - personally, I can't claim to be able to read the mind of Joe Q. Public. But I will hazard an educated guess that these issues vex UT members more than any one else. In other words, I think it's a tempest in a teapot. The site will be redeveloped soon enough - just not fast enough for some folks who frequent this site.

I don't know - personally, I can't claim to be able to read the mind of Joe Q. Public. But I will hazard an educated guess that these issues vex UT members more than any one else. In other words, I think it's a tempest in a teapot. The site will be redeveloped soon enough - just not fast enough for some folks who frequent this site.
I don't know either, as we are speculation here, as there is no survey nor citation I am aware of to base this on. Nor am I aware this is a just UT vexing thing as you claim.

Personally, I look at it as an annoyance, and not any tempest as being asserted. And one I can live with until there's movement to fill it with something, as I am not planning to move it beyond that. /shrug

Last edited:
I'm a purchaser. Wondering if anyone (who bought a unit before Apr.29, 2018) received a letter from Greenland re."Notice Period for an Occupancy Delay". According to my contact, Greenland must give "Notice of a delay beyond the First Tentative Occupamcy date must be given no later than Apr.26, 2022.

I'm a purchaser. Wondering if anyone (who bought a unit before Apr.29, 2018) received a letter from Greenland re."Notice Period for an Occupancy Delay". According to my contact, Greenland must give "Notice of a delay beyond the First Tentative Occupamcy date must be given no later than Apr.26, 2022.
If I were you, I would be watching my mail!

Does anyone know what's going on with this project? The construction seems paused. Is there a community/purchaser forum specific for this Lakeside project?

Does anyone know what's going on with this project? The construction seems paused. Is there a community/purchaser forum specific for this Lakeside project?
I think you can assume that if anyone here knew anything definite it would be posted here. The fact that the work has now stopped for several months and that the excavation equipment has been removed would lead me to agree with others that it is, at best, stalled and at worst cancelled.

Did any one of you tried to visit Greenland office in Toronto? Wondering if it’s a shell office. 207 Queens Quay W Suite 803.
They also have Instagram with active posts.

Did any one of you tried to visit Greenland office in Toronto? Wondering if it’s a shell office. 207 Queens Quay W Suite 803.
They also have Instagram with active posts.
Even if it was a real office, there's a good chance everyone is working from home still.

As one of the buyers of this project, I believe most of you are as anxious as me regarding the outcome of the project. I would like to share the email that I just received regarding my concerns about this project
photo

Lakeside Customer Service <lakesidecs@greenlandcanada.ca>
To: xxxxxx

Mon, Mar 7 at 4:53 PM

Good afternoon,

This project is still in progress. Our construction team is coordinating for works for next stage. Please refer to information from official source and please don’t refer to rumors.
Regards,
Lakeside Customer Care Team

Mediator, please do not delete my post because I really hope this email can give all the buyers a dim light at this despair time.
In the mean time, I thank you all your comments and pictures posted here, as I followed this thread carefully, your contributions to this thread mean a lot to me.

Back