News   Jul 22, 2024
 160     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 277     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1K     0 

2024 United States presidential election

I don't think Kamala Harris is going to make much of a difference. It is like Chrystia Freeland replacing Justin Trudeau as Prime Minister.
This is another reason why Justin Trudeau should resign now so the Liberal Party can have a leadership race.

I don't think Kamala Harris is going to make much of a difference.

That will up to a Democratic convention as best as I can tell. I assume they will some choice, Whitmer was definitely organizing and I think Newsom was too.

It is like Chrystia Freeland replacing Justin Trudeau as Prime Minister.
This is another reason why Justin Trudeau should resign now so the Liberal Party can have a leadership race.

Not that this isn't a fine idea, but perhaps you could not bring it into another thread, you've already got discussion on the subject in two other threads.

I don't think Kamala Harris is going to make much of a difference. It is like Chrystia Freeland replacing Justin Trudeau as Prime Minister.
Kamala has at least polled better, and my reading tells me while many Democrats are resigned to losing the Presidency they still at least feel they can take the House, and Harris has the voter turnout to do that in key districts.
Getting a majority in the House and then keeping the Senate would give the Democrats some huge leverage over Trump, at least for the first two years.

Last edited:
Kamala has at least polled better..
IMO, the Dems still have a shot at the White House. But, I’d toss Harris out at the upcoming Aug 19-22 DNC. Instead I’d go for someone that stands a chance of winning the presidency. To me, that’s one of Whitmer, Shapiro, or Beshear.

My vote is for Kentucky Governor Beshear to appeal to rural whites, with Michigan Governor Whitmer as VP to appeal to educated women. The latter says she’s out. Only problem is nothing to appeal to Black and Latino voters.

Sorry Buttigieg, but Buchanan aside, your country is not ready for a homosexual POTUS.

Last edited:
Harris-Baldwin girlboss ticket?

1721609329730.png

Your takes on American politics are as bad as your takes on Canadian politics.

You don't think a 59 yr old half black woman running against the oldest nominee in American history is going to make a difference? There's also the contrast of a federal prosecutor running against a felon and an attorney general running against a fraudster. The contrast they are about to draw could not be more stark. This is an ad she ran in 2020. How much more material is there now?

Kamala has at least polled better, and my reading tells me while many Democrats are resigned to losing the Presidency they still at least feel they can take the House, and Harris has the voter turnout to do that in key districts.
Getting a majority in the House and then keeping the Senate would give the Democrats some huge leverage over Trump, at least for the first two years.
I think the race just changed. And we're about to see a surge of energy and cash flood in.

I think the race just changed. And we're about to see a surge of energy and cash flood in.
I can’t wait to see Harris eviscerate Trump at the Sept debate. As a former prosecutor she’ll hit him hard.

As POTUS I hope she appoints Fani Willis to the Justice Department, as special prosecutor…. And if the Dems win both houses, stack the SCOTUS, dump the filibuster, pass national abortion rights and pass the ERA.

Last edited:
I think you are right. Both parties have their committed bases and need to target the roughly 1/3 in the middle. There is also the cohort, card-carrying or not, who disliked either choice and were planning on staying home.

Even for some committed Republicans, Trump, Jan 6th, whatever, were bridges too far, and I imagine Biden's performance disheartened a lot of Democrats.

Some people are angry at Trump; some people are disappointed at Biden. I don't know anything about Harris but I think 'disappointed' is easier to fix.

I can’t wait to see Harris eviscerate Trump at the Sept debate. As a former prosecutor she’ll hit him hard.

As POTUS I hope she appoints Fani Willis to the Justice Department, as special prosecutor…. And if the Dems win both houses, stack the SCOTUS, dump the filibuster, pass national abortion rights and pass the ERA.

The ERA passed congress 1/2 a century ago (1972)

The issue is that the required number of States did not approve it by the original or extended deadlines set by Congress.

I'm not sure what a Court would say if the deadline were shifted from 1982 to 2025 ....

But if the ruling weren't favourable, it would require repassing it through 38 state legislatures.

Back