News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 383     0 

2024 United States presidential election

News Coverage seems to confirm that the Shooter at the Trump rally is dead; and it appears one audience member is as well.

1720914001966.png

- The Guardian

Where is this comment coming from? You don't seem to be replying to anything.
Sorry! I saw a friend who is a Canadian in NY and she said a lot of people are freaking out about the prospect of another Trump term. She is thinking that her longer term plans of coming back may be moved forward as are many other expats in her circle.

I know that US citizens moving abroad is a bit of a joke here but there are two big differences from the first term: he didn’t expect to get elected and took awhile to get organized however this time his supporters are ready. And the nomadic thing is now mainstrean.

And as the saying goes ‘when there is instability abroad it is good for Toronto!’

Sorry! I saw a friend who is a Canadian in NY and she said a lot of people are freaking out about the prospect of another Trump term. She is thinking that her longer term plans of coming back may be moved forward as are many other expats in her circle.

Some may, I'm not sure I expect a mass exodus though, the prospect of Trump winning has been real for a few months, and to my understanding Canadian emigration to the U.S. is up, not the other way around.

I know that US citizens moving abroad is a bit of a joke here but there are two big differences from the first term: he didn’t expect to get elected and took awhile to get organized however this time his supporters are ready. And the nomadic thing is now mainstrean.

I'm not sure why any increase in Toronto's population would be viewed as desirable at this time (though that's happening anyway), it simply exacerbates the housing crisis, and will mean more homelessness and poverty.

And as the saying goes ‘when there is instability abroad it is good for Toronto!’

I don't think I've ever heard that saying, and I'm not sure I agree with it either.

^I got wires mixed as I made that post before I saw the news! Lol

I actually read that quote in an academic paper in university and it perfectly describes specific events abroad and the Toronto real estate market at all levels. Just think about the
Iranian Revolution, Uganda, collapse of the Soviet Union and now Ukraine and Afghanistan.

Now many western cities experience a surge when the middle class abroad gets rattled but our grumpy little burg is a favourite due to its long term stability, multiculturism and a large number of existing ethic communities.

In the same way security was increased after the failed assassination attempt of Ronald Reagan, I think you'll see new enhancements for U.S. presidents moving forward. Probably fewer rallies in open events (arenas and gymnasiums over fields), less casual "mainstreeting" events in public, and more rigorous background checks for those who attend rallies.

Gonna disagree, people talk up a big storm about moving but baring any real physical threat (like the draft), most of them chicken out in the end.

Better to whine on x than to uproot one's entire life and take a hefty paycut moving to Canada.

Last edited:

Back