News   Sep 16, 2024
 565     1 
News   Sep 16, 2024
 502     0 
News   Sep 16, 2024
 975     0 

2019 Canadian Federal Election

Isnt that Trudeau?

Says he believes all women? - When accused of sexual misconduct he says he remembers things differently...
Says he will do politics differently? - Still conducts unethical behaviour to save seats in Quebec.
Says people need to be punished for what they done in the past? - Found to blackface, but then asks all Canadians to learn from this then take any personal responsibility about it?

When his supporters are faced with such issues, they go against what they preach and hold other people to and just blindly follow the PM in order to stop "Trump"

It seems as time goes on, Justin Trudeau seems to be the spoiled rich white kid that progressives love to mock but ironically is their leader now ,

Trudeau is no Bryce Walker.

Upset, I doubt--or at least, not in his own right, as opposed to allowing a Con (or NDP?) up the middle. And Cannis was never exactly a bright caucus light. I'd see low-to-mid-single-digits likelier than victory in his case.

The NDP surge allowed Roxanne James to narrowly win.

Trudeau's eager to change channels:

Liberals pledge to ban assault rifles, not handguns
KRISTY KIRKUP, MICHELLE ZILIO AND JANICE DICKSON PUBLISHED SEPTEMBER 20, 2019

Mr. Trudeau is keen to shift attention away from the blackface controversy that has rocked his campaign for a second mandate. He apologized on Thursday for the second time in less than 24 hours after a video surfaced of him wearing blackface in the 1990s. It followed the release of photos from two incidents in which he wore racist makeup in the 1980s and in 2001.

Do you know a PM that wasn't polarizing in your lifetime?
In 1984 Brian Mulroney won the largest majority of seat and popular vote in Canadian history. Certainly Mulroney was polarizing soon enough in his term, but in 1984 he brought much of the country together in mutual hated of Trudeau/Turner and the Libs.

I think Jean Chretien was more popular then Trudeau Jr

Chretien had has faults like with the Gomery Inquiry but he made Canada known on the global stage for its humanitarian efforts and peacekeeping. He was a damn good PM and despite the sponsorship scandal I still think he would win an election.

Oh.. and then there is this that sums up why people loved Chretien.

The above video is why I miss Chretien. Trudeau could learn a few things from him when it comes to dealing with the US. If he ran again for one more election he would sweep the board like he did in 93.

The above video is why I miss Chretien. Trudeau could learn a few things from him when it comes to dealing with the US. If he ran again for one more election he would sweep the board like he did in 93.

Though when it comes to "polarizing", let's remember that Chretien only "swept the board" in Ontario (three times, and surpassing Mulroney, even) and the Maritimes (only Elsie Wayne prevented him in '93 from the clean sweep Justin managed in '15). Meanwhile, he had to contend with Reform in the West and the Bloc in Quebec (where, among the Franco-populace, he was seen as a bit of a, er, "Frogface" caricature)

EE-0jXlXsAIkrRn.jpg

Polly, the A.I. prediction tool for elections, from Advance Symbolics has a fairly good track record.

Its early analysis (24 hours in) suggests that there is an adverse impact on the Liberals, but it doesn't appear to be that large.

The suggestion was that Libs were on pace for a majority, and that has been knocked back to a minority.

Their rep, rightly acknowledged how early it was, and things may change as people digest the issue, and also evaluate the reactions of others.

So far, however, it appears less impactful than I might have thought.

Link to ASI's Blog, and their post on this: https://advancedsymbolics.com/press...trudeau-to-lose-majority-government-in-polls/

Trudeau's eager to change channels:

Liberals pledge to ban assault rifles, not handguns
KRISTY KIRKUP, MICHELLE ZILIO AND JANICE DICKSON PUBLISHED SEPTEMBER 20, 2019

Can someone tell Trudeau we have a gang problem, not a gun problem. Go after the perpetrators, not the tools.

Back