IMO Trudeau has several difficult fronts to fight, several of which were self-inflicted. Overall, feels like an Obama presidency, progressive-sounding (aka HOPE), but more weakly committed to those ideals in reality.
- Cancellation of electoral reform- A lesser issue due to the long time ago which it was done, but still a mark against him
- Carbon Taxation- Could be problematic depending on how much media/provincial opposition there is, and how bad CoL issues become
- First Nations discontent- A smaller ongoing issue between the FN and the Canadian government, but I feel that FN were expecting more
- Deficit spending- Entirely self-inflicted
- Pipelines and discontent in Alberta- Also entirely self-inflicted, and will be difficult to resolve without either pissing off BC or Alberta- especially with ongoing equalization arguments and the economic issues in Alberta
- PR PM- Conservatives will be eager to utilize Trudeau as a rhetorical prop, due to his figurehead qualities which draw stronger emotions
- The Migrant issue- Entirely self-inflicted, and has some serious implications for Canada as global migration is likely to increase