News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.3K     4 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 503     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.2K     0 

2018 Provincial Election Transit Promises

The CBC was around long before PostMedia, and I suspect it will be around long after PostMedia, which seems to be continually contracting it's office space.
And half its opening web-page being a giant ad for Big Pharma. It's a shame, because unlike the Sun, there are some excellent journalists at the Post. Coyne of course, as well as some others, although many of the best have already jumped ship.

Post Media isn't funded by the government.
So? That has nothing to do with what was being said. Perish the thought that our national broadcaster, which doesn't even endorse a political party, might not skew towards the parties that threaten its very existence and blatantly recommend that everyone elect a guy who believes people roamed the earth alongside dinosaurs, just because that same moronic conservative leader would rather us all watch corporate-owned media like CTV, which just says whatever Bell Media wants it to say.

And if the CBC were as obviously slanted towards the left as Postmedia is to the right, and so influential, then why was Harper in power for so long? And why Christy Clark, Scott Moe, and above all, Doug Ford? Did the CBC even endorse the alternatives? No, that's not their place.

It's relevant because as a public broadcaster, it's funded by the public, but doesn't represent the views of a substantial portion of said public. At least with Post Media one has the option not to consume their products.

It's relevant because as a public broadcaster, it's funded by the public, but doesn't represent the views of a substantial portion of said public. At least with Post Media one has the option not to consume their products.
Again, it's not relevant. An argument was made that the CBC somehow, by stating factual information, is undermining right-wing/neo-con/populist parties, and you keep bringing up public funding. Either existing or increased funding of the CBC is supported by over 80% of Canadians, which is a way more substantial portion of the public than you're referring to, and why? Because it transcends the differing/bickering views of our federal parties and essentially reports the facts, rather than the argument. I can't understand the conservative hatred of this underfunded broadcaster, apart from it not literally telling its audience to just vote for Scheer. Does every media source need to be corporate-owned and completely polarizing? We already have more than enough of those.

I didn't even mention defunding the CBC so stop putting words in my mouth. The polls also predicted Hillary Clinton would win. It's fun when a media source agrees with your views, but it's good to move outside filter bubbles.

Back