This just in.

Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 9.07.04 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 9.07.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 9.07.04 PM.png
    24 KB · Views: 317
Oh boy!!! :eek:

@CTVNationalNews

EXCLUSIVE: Two women come forward with graphic sexual misconduct allegations against Ontario Progressive Conservative Leader Patrick Brown. Allegations, which Brown denies, date back to when he was a federal MP. Watch @glen_mcgregor’s report tonight. #cdnpoli #onpoli

Seems operatives of the Liberals are pulling out all the stops sensing defeat.

Really? Think about what you're saying for a second. When do you think they'd want to drop this kind of bomb if they wanted to make a serious dent in Patrick Brown? 5 months before the election when the PCs have a chance to replace their candidate or right in the middle of the election?

You haven't even heard anything at all about the accusations and you've already made up your mind? GTFO.

His leadership team just quit.

[
Nick Bergamini‏@nickbergamini 4m4 minutes ago
This evening I learned of allegations against Patrick Brown. As a result, it is in the best interest of the PC Party that he step down immediately. As he has chosen to follow a different route, I am resigning as the PC Party Press Secretary.

/QUOTE]

Alrighty then. Strangest press conference ever. He should have just issued a statement. He didn’t do himself any favours with that presser.

So he's going to go into an election competing with a female candidate fighting dual allegations of sexual assault, ignoring all of his campaign staff's demand that he step down — they all resigned. Yup...

This could really hurt Toronto. I had hopes for big promises from the Liberals in a tough fight. I think the Liberals just have to show up now and do nothing more.

He'll likely have to step down

Alrighty then. Strangest press conference ever. He should have just issued a statement. He didn’t do himself any favours with that presser.
Yeah. It's very early to weigh the allegations, it's incredibly easy to ruin someone's career with false accusations, we just don't know yet, but what was truly curious is the lack of composure of Brown under pressure. I'm surprised that he didn't burst out crying...

It's not the accusations that doomed him. It's his reaction.

From CTV's coverage:
[...]
Both incidents are alleged to have happened inside Brown’s home in Barrie, Ont., after the women had been drinking in his presence.
[...]
The first incident occurred more than 10 years ago. The woman, a high school student in Barrie at the time, said she and a mutual friend met Brown at a bar.

Brown then invited them back to his home and provided them with alcohol, though the woman was under the legal drinking age at the time.
[...]
https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/pat...sconduct-allegations-from-two-women-1.3774686

I state this with no bias, only reading how the courts and system would read this, if indeed this is the nub of the story:
It's the 'providing liquor to a minor' charge that would stick, if any, in a court case. The admission of being inebriated on the part of the complainant automatically renders uncorroborated claims as being suspect, if not inadmissible.

Supplying a minor can be a criminal offence, and vastly easier to prove than the other allegations.

Last edited:
Yeah. It's very early to weigh the allegations, it's incredibly easy to ruin someone's career with false accusations, we just don't know yet, but what was truly curious is the lack of composure of Brown under pressure. I'm surprised that he didn't burst out crying...

It's not the accusations that doomed him. It's his reaction.

I thought that made him relatable but as it went on and as he left without asking questions, it showed him as weak and guilty.

This is Patrick Brown's Adam Giambrone moment. He'll drop out of the campaign within the week.

Back