News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 271     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 803     0 

2015 Federal Election

Hence the sale of all their GM shares.

And then the government is going to pass a balanced budget law. Curious why they didn't do it when the first got into power - guess they felt they are going to lose the election, har har.

AoD

Last edited:
I'd be curious to see how Blair reconcile his stance of legalizaling marijuana as an ex-Chief with the broader Trudeau Liberal thrust on the issue.

AoD

I'd be curious to see how Blair reconcile his stance of legalizaling marijuana as an ex-Chief with the broader Trudeau Liberal thrust on the issue.

AoD

Nothing to reconcile. He's on record saying he supports Trudeau's stance on marijuana legalization as it would free up time for police to focus on other more pressing issues.

From an interview last year:

Speaking with reporters ahead of a Toronto Police Services Board meeting Thursday, Police Chief Bill Blair said CAMH is doing a “great service” by providing an evidence-based policy discussion that will “inform the public discussion” surrounding the drug going forward.

“I am very encouraged by the public health approach advocated by CAMH and by recognition that the regulation of Cannabis also has value in public policy. I think it is an important discussion,” he said.

Blair added that he does “see the limitation” of the current approach to marijuana, though he cautioned that any legalization or decriminalization would have to include provisions to prevent organized crime from being able to profit from sales of the drug.
http://www.cp24.com/news/camh-calls...ncouraged-by-public-health-approach-1.2047231

“Public safety was easy. Locking up the bad guys is a piece of cake,†he quipped after greeting several dozen Sikh police officers at the CNE before Sunday’s Khalsa Day parade.

This is a rather frightening statement IMO.

Although Blair said he had “respectful conversations with everybody,†he chose the Liberals because the party’s “values most closely fit with my own.â€

What "values" would these be Bill? Locking people up? Carding Black Torontonians?

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...hes-political-career-at-sikh-celebration.html

Is Julian Fantino running for re-election? Both Blair and Fantino must know too much about each other ... might be amusing.

Though Fantino will be 73 by the election, and 77 by the time the term ends ... I'd be surprised if he'd run again.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 6s7 seconds ago
Bill Blair just announced @CouncillorMB will be his campaign chair #TOpoli #cdnpoli #Liberals
Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 3m3 minutes ago
Tim Weber just announced he's stepping aside & supporting @bill_s_blair in Liberal nomination in Scarborough Southwest #TOpoli #cdnpoli

Things are moving quickly.

ETA: All of that C-51 talk died down quickly...

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-c...s-world?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Coyne with a great story about Harper's bad day.

Last edited:

Back