News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 387     0 

2015 Federal Election

I suppose technically it's only extremely bigoted.
Since when is accuracy only a technicality when making accusations?

Though it's playing into an anti-Middle East vibe
There's that accuracy thing again. Why Middle East? Why not first verify the origins of those who wear the veil? At my girls' school the few parents that wear the veil came from South Asia, specifically Pakistan, for instance.

Last edited:
larrymiller.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

The Sonlarans have infiltrated the Canadian government.

200_s.gif

Better call in The Doctor.

There's that accuracy thing again. Why Middle East? Why not first verify the origins of those who wear the veil? At my girls' school the few parents that wear the veil came from South Asia, specifically Pakistan, for instance.
My Middle East includes pretty much anything west of the Far East! :)

I think my point was clear ... it's quite clear that with the sudden rash of statements from many MPs that the Conservative Party of Canada has chosen to fight the next election on a platform of racism. Stephen Harper has moved from the right-wing to the white-wing.

And I really don't get it. It only plays to the base. And might even alienate some of the base!

My prediction, NDP gets wrecked, losing seats to the Libs in Quebec. Meanwhile Trudeau fails to gain any further traction west of Ontario, and notwithstanding gains in Quebec and likely Official Opposition status, mostly disappoints the Lib king makers. The Cons return to a majority, Nfitz refers to about 37% of Canadian voters as evil bigots.

Last edited:
The Cons return to a majority, Nfitz refers to about 37% of Canadian voters as evil bigots.
I really doubt that the Conservatives can get 37% if they do really pursue this "Unite the White" platform they are testing. I think we've already established that the evil bigot percentage maxes out at 30% or so.

I really doubt that the Conservatives can get 37% if they do really pursue this "Unite the White" platform they are testing. I think we've already established that the evil bigot percentage maxes out at 30% or so.
We know that you've never let accuracy get in the way of a label, but I've not seen anything that suggests the Conservative notion that of "if you don't like how we do things, don't come here" is a "white" platform. I would like to think that Canadians of all ethnicities have more in common than you suggest, and have shared values of what Canada represents.

I would like to see what evidence you have to support this claim of Unite the White as Conservative strategy or policy. Or is this another case of accuracy be damned?

And what exactly is an evil bigot? How do you define evil, taking into consideration that evil is pretty much as bad as you can get? Is a person against gay marriage and votes for candidates that support traditional marriage, for example, an evil bigot. Is any disciminatory thought evil?

Last edited:
I saw Tim Uppal, a Sikh, mentioning some racist flyers in Brampton. Does he not realize that Harper is playing to that base to get votes?

Tim S. Uppal @MinTimUppal · Mar 18
Disappointed to see another racist flyer in Brampton. I join with local residents and all Canadians in condemning it.

It is also amusing that Harper is trying to please the pro-gun crowd with some pandering statements, but his C51 bill restricts gun ownership.

http://dailyxtra.com/toronto/news/roxanne-james-fire-past-letter-100839

So, my current MP is much like Ex-Trustee Sam...

Last edited:
It's interesting to me how untouchable the issue of SSM is now. Question it at your peril, as the MSM will out you. IMO, I'd rather know a candidate's true views on something as opposed to what they think we want to hear. So, if you question SSM vote for James.

Unless she's changed her views. That letter was writen at the end of the last century. A person's views and beliefs can change over time.

It's interesting to me how untouchable the issue of SSM is now. Question it at your peril, as the MSM will out you. IMO, I'd rather know a candidate's true views on something as opposed to what they think we want to hear. So, if you question SSM vote for James.

Unless she's changed her views. That letter was writen at the end of the last century. A person's views and beliefs can change over time.

It isn't surprising, since it has been legal for 10 years and no one dares challenge that. I mean, there are people who oppose it, but know that it won't be repealed. Maybe she has indeed softened on the issue or at least realizes it is a lost cause to protest.

Speaking of her, I got yet another flyer in the mail asking if I wanted a balanced budget.

Back