News   May 30, 2024
 2K     1 
News   May 30, 2024
 1.5K     2 
News   May 30, 2024
 616     0 

2015 Federal Election

Frank Graves, president and founder of EKOS, is hinting on Twitter that tomorrow's EKOS numbers may be similar to today's Forum Numbers.

Nope, today's results from EKOS:

NDP: 33.6%
CPC: 28.1%
LPC: 26.7%

Liberals up 2.5%, Conservatives down 2.3%, NDP up 1.8%

CPC and LPC are tied for second, and still within reach of 1st.

An ongoing problem I've noticed with the Liberal campaign is it's isolation from the Canadian electorate. Their campaign language consists of inside baseball. How many Canadians outside of the Annex and Westmount know what "austerity" is? For a candidate who initially reinvigorated the grassroots of the party and performed outreach to new constituencies, Trudeau's language reeks of insularity and privilege.

Last edited:
An ongoing problem I've noticed with the Liberal campaign is it's isolation from the Canadian electorate. Their campaign language consists of inside baseball. How many Canadians outside of the Annex and Westmount know what "austerity" is? For a candidate who initially reinvigorated the grassroots of the party and performed outreach to new constituencies, Trudeau's language reeks of insularity and privilege.

I don't know, will the Liberals attempt to tack to the left of Mulcair on the economy work? Hard to say. Mulcair is really sounding like Blair and New Labour, so there isn't a lot of space "in between" Harper and Mulcair for Trudeau to position himself.

Their "next finance minister" Andrew Thomson sure sounds right-wing for an NDPer. Of course he has even less of a chance of getting elected than "finance minister in waiting" Bill Morneau.

Abacus today has:

NDP down to 31%
CPC up to 30%
LPC up to 28%

Ipsos over the weekend had:

NDP: 33%
LPC: 30%
CPC: 29%

I think its safe to say Forum was an outlier.

The Liberals seem to suddenly be awakened again, fighting for second place with the CPC.

Last edited:
I don't know, will the Liberals attempt to tack to the left of Mulcair on the economy work?

I think the NDP took some of those criticism that they were shifting to the centre to heart. In the last few days these have been the policies rolled out by Mulcair, which reads like typical social democratic dogma:

"Tom’s plan to lift 200,000 seniors out of poverty"
http://www.ndp.ca/up-to-500-abused-women-children-turned-away

"Tom Mulcair launches action plan to end violence against women"
https://www.facebook.com/TomMulcair/videos/vb.149331805154700/875974919157048/?type=2&theater

Last edited:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-election-2015-alexander-refugee-crisis-1.3213869?cmp=rss

Not that he stood a chance of being re-elected, but Chris Alexander has suspended his re-election bid.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 1m1 minute ago
Conservative Party announces Jason Kenney's announcement in Brampton today has been "postponed to a later date" #cdnpoli

This gets even better.

Ben Spurr ‏@BenSpurr 26s26 seconds ago
Today's CPC press conference on immigration policy, announced yesterday, has been cancelled.
Ben Spurr ‏@BenSpurr 9s9 seconds ago
Jason Kenney was to speak in Brampton on "efforts to protect the integrity of Canada’s immigration system and the security of Canada."

Last edited:

Back