News   Apr 18, 2024
 598     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 5.1K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.3K     4 

2014 Municipal Election: Toronto Mayoral Race

I hadn't realised that John Tory morally bankrupt enough to that he'd hire a man who is either so unethical, or so incompetent, that he'd support a wife-beating drunken bigoted crackhead for mayor.

That's one less person to consider supporting for mayor.

I kinda agree... from what I've read of Kouvalis, he's an absolutely EVIL man.

batteries? Fuel cells?
Likely a device that burns a liquid thus generating mechanical force, with which to generate electrical power to charge the batteries and drive the bus.

This is the same system all of GoTransit's trains use. The entire fleet is solely electrically powered, with the electricity being created by onboard generators.

^you mean a gas engine haha good joke.

I meant advances in battery tech. come to think of it, it may not be too great for a bus which spend the entire day on the road. you could probably use some for the buses that are only used for peak service though.

Rob Ford’s former campaign manager joins ‘big tent’ supporting John Tory for mayor

“We kicked their ass by 100,000 votes last time. I look forward to kicking their ass again. You can quote me on that,” Councillor Ford said Wednesday. “You’re going to see a team like you’ve never seen before. We have the largest, strongest ground game in the country — bar none. This isn’t our first rodeo.”

[...]

A group of 50 Tory enthusiasts — Conservative strategist John Capobianco, Liberal insider Bob Richardson and Mr. Kouvalis among them — met recently one weekend morning in the offices of the now defunct Heenan Blaikie law firm to discuss how they can convince him to join the fray.

[...]

Asked about Mr. Kouvalis, Mayor Ford was polite, saying he wished his former campaign manager and former chief of staff well in his new pursuits.

Doug Ford took more pointed aim, saying the mayor never wanted him on the re-election bid anyway.

“People say he was the brains of the campaign,” scoffed Doug Ford, who is the mayor’s campaign manager. “Rob Ford made Nick Kouvalis, not the other way around.”

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...oins-big-tent-supporting-john-tory-for-mayor/

Likely a device that burns a liquid thus generating mechanical force, with which to generate electrical power to charge the batteries and drive the bus.

This is the same system all of GoTransit's trains use. The entire fleet is solely electrically powered, with the electricity being created by onboard generators.

I guess you weren't aware that the TTC currently runs diesel electric hybrid busses.....or were you making an attempt at a joke?

Kouvalis would be nothing more than an adviser if Tory runs.
It would raise the question of what kind of evil piece of shit John Tory would be if he'd be willing to sell his soul and get advice from such scum.

I'd thought Tory was better than that, and would even have considered voting for him. That's not going to happen if he goes that direction.

Hope Hidden in the Lies
When serious people join the conversation and a real choice looms, Rob Ford might just fade away.

Will Rob Ford really just fade away? He remains so stubbornly dominant today, and the consensus among those who want to see him go has always been that he is much more likely to explode. But past evidence suggests megacity voters are not always idiots. Given how Ford has dragged us all through his muck, it would be wrong to underestimate the appeal of a fresh start under respectable leadership.

http://torontoist.com/2014/02/hope-hidden-in-the-lies/

Back